Polar Pro Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Not sure where to post this:

I have a trip to Cozumel tomorrow morning.

I placed an order on Jan 10th and selected Priority Mail International (Canada)
No problem with placing order and making payment.
As of Friday the 18th I hadn't received the package and as of Jan 12th the tracking had stopped, it's because the package is at customs.....
I contacted Jeff at Polar on the 19th to ask if he could track it once it leaves the USA, he can't.
He suggested that he ship me another order overnight at zero cost for the product and half the price for shipping.
The package arrived this morning. Not only did he ship what I ordered, he also added an extra filter free.
And to add to my filter collection he said keep the order that I originally made whenever it shows up.

All that said, If anyone is thinking about ordering from Polar Pro Filters, their customer support is first rate!!

Thank you Jeff

That is great customer service...I would buy from them.

I have one of their filters and really like it. Great customer service is the icing on the cake.

It's nice to have options. Looks like for UW removable we have the Polar Pro, Backscatter and SRP. I believe Backscatter uses the Magic Filter, SRP uses the URpro and Polar Pro is not known.

In my opinion the results from each will look slightly different, but be very similar. My own comparison of a URPro vs. the Lee gel sheet color 779, the Lee cut a little more light, but added a little more color. I probably could find different Lee color sheet that fell on the opposite side of the UrPro.

I think Marty posted a clip directly comparing the Backscatter to the SRP and another person posted a clip shot with the Polar Pro. Different sites, but maybe enough to form an opinion on how these filters compare to one another.

I am amazed my post on polarpro generated such controversy
Filter had gone off the radar since cameras could white balance and now with gopro are back on the scene
You can achieve good results with a number of tools and spend as little or as much as you like and there won't be much in it!!!
Polarpro red filter has got a magenta tint so it will work better in water that has a green tinge less well in really blue water but hey it is 29.99 for a removable filter

Regardless of Filter Choice, you fell into the common trap that 85% of people do that wait till the last second to buy needed equipment or get equipment serviced just days before a dive trip.

lessons learned ?

Lesson learned, probably not, I am only human!
This thread was to let people know about Polar Pro's customer service and how good it was for me.
In reality it is a simple filter, if I didn't get it on time I still would be going on my trip and having a great time.
I understand great customer service doesn't always trump last minute details, however, in this case it did.

Regardless of Filter Choice, you fell into the common trap that 85% of people do that wait till the last second to buy needed equipment or get equipment serviced just days before a dive trip.

lessons learned ?

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

can you explain how the filter snaps onto the housing?

Good point by rockyheap
However if that helps at least is a gopro I have seen people doing that with a DSLR and not knowing even how to put the parts together!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom