Polar Pro Blue water filter vs. no filter comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got the PolarPro red (blue water) snap on filter for the GoPro Hero2 dive housing. WOW! I was looking for a green water filter since I dive in Monterey mostly - but didn't find the PolarPro cyan (green water) until after I got the red one.

Here is a comparison screenshot from my latest dive with and without the filter. It was taken at about noon on a sunny day at 40 fsw, 30' vis, Pt. Lobos, Monterey area, CA, USA.

filter on.jpgfilter off.jpg

I just got the PolarPro red (blue water) snap on filter for the GoPro Hero2 dive housing. WOW! I was looking for a green water filter since I dive in Monterey mostly - but didn't find the PolarPro cyan (green water) until after I got the red one.

Here is a comparison screenshot from my latest dive with and without the filter. It was taken at about noon on a sunny day at 40 fsw, 30' vis, Pt. Lobos, Monterey area, CA, USA.

View attachment 144566View attachment 144565

Green water filters are very specific and require the camera to white balance otherwise the filtering effect gets lost

A red filter works both in blue and green water with the effect of bringing the gopro in the set of colour temperatures where auto white balance works

I recommend you don't buy a magenta filter as you would get worse results

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom