Polar Bear Dive 1/1/05 at CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats:
Anyone planning on going to this yet??

We'll be sailing to the sunny Caribbean on New Yr.'s Day. I bet it's a lot of fun to do the Polar Bear Dive, though. I do want to dive CSSP soon- just bought a 7mm Henderson hyperstretch on ebay, and need to try it out.

(LDS owners, my disclaimer: we buy all our life support equipment from our LDS- and some trips, like the one we're about to take- but we have to cut corners somewhere with 3 divers in our family. Forgive me.)

Foo

My daughter and I will be diving at CSSP for the Polar Bear Dive. My son will be with us, he might dive. This will be our first Polar Bear Dive and our first dive in cold weather. Especially now in this "winter weather" we just got. Any pointers? My daughter gets cold fast. But we are both looking forward to it.

Sounds and looks fun from the pictures of the past events,,,,but the $40 entry fee is just to steep from my wallet. Have a great time and try to stay warm!!!

$40 is to much for me too, times 2 that's $80! Some friends of ours are planning a dive at PK that day. I don't think i will make that one either but it's only $10 out there. Maybe i will it just depends on my mood. :11:

Debraw:
$40 is to much for me too, times 2 that's $80! Some friends of ours are planning a dive at PK that day. I don't think i will make that one either but it's only $10 out there. Maybe i will it just depends on my mood. :11:

Now were talking with $10 at PK,,,,,and I bet if Skeet is off that day we might just talk him into showing us a few of his favorite "warmer" spots,,,,,I was also kicking arounf the idea of the 69f waters of the San Marcors river and water fall.

But not to bash the great event CSSP is putting on,,,,,it does sound fun also,,,,and you know with those spring fed waters it will be chilly for sure,,,,those whom get a CSSP 1/1/05 t-shirt will be well deserved!!!

I will be there. I am on duty that day but I have already made arangements for someone to cover for me a few hours, I want to bring in the new year right. There will be a few people from the local dive club there.

Back
Top Bottom