Poland and Ukraine won EURO 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String:
As opposed to american football where they clad themselves in laughable amounts of padding and helmets and the game stops after every few seconds to be reset ?

American football would be watchable if they (i) got rid of the padding (ii) didnt stop the game after every tackle and (iii) stopped teams changing players constantly throughout.

Soccer has acting, american football has ridiculously padded short term players. What you want is rugby :)

Yeah but in rugby you don't typically have 350lb guys that bench 600lbs hitting you either. Get hit once and you will respect the padding. As for stopping the game after every play (not every tackle) you have to go out and get the guy that just got crushed off the field :D

Oh I played goalie in soccer during my younger years. I got kicked in the face when going for the ball a few times. It definitely isn't all drama.

darylm74:
Yeah but in rugby you don't typically have 350lb guys that bench 600lbs hitting you either.

So go around them. Or just wait 5 mins of play when they're too tired to move having been unable to actually stop for a rest as they can in american football.
Plus the weight of some forwards isnt far off that anyway

Get hit once and you will respect the padding. As for stopping the game after every play (not every tackle) you have to go out and get the guy that just got crushed off the field :D

No different in rugby except after you've been flattened you have to place the ball back, secure it and play goes on around you no matter how deep the crater.

Oh I played goalie in soccer during my younger years. I got kicked in the face when going for the ball a few times. It definitely isn't all drama.

I managed to get a fairly nasty jaw injury doing similar (dived for a ball, claimed the ball but got a boot in the face to match). However that was a long time ago. I now treat the sport as about as much fun as watching paint dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom