Poker Night for Hurricane Relief

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outback

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Swampers!

Anyone in Houston is welcome to join us for a night of Texas Hold Em at the Stag's Head pub on Tuesday 6th September at 730 pm to raise funds to assist in the relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina. It'll be a $20 minimum donation to buy in, more appreciated.

Strictly for fun and the honour of winnning. No cash prizes.

Check out this site for details.

Should hopefully have a couple of dive related prizes - I've got a digital Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving so far.... looking for more.

Plus we'll be starting a raffle for an artifact recovered from the Andrea Doria....http://www.chumclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=602

outback:
Hi Swampers!

Anyone in Houston is welcome to join us for a night of Texas Hold Em at the Stag's Head pub on Tuesday 6th September at 730 pm to raise funds to assist in the relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina. It'll be a $20 minimum donation to buy in, more appreciated.

Strictly for fun and the honour of winnning. No cash prizes.

Check out this site for details.

Should hopefully have a couple of dive related prizes - I've got a digital Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving so far.... looking for more.

Plus we'll be starting a raffle for an artifact recovered from the Andrea Doria....http://www.chumclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=602

This is an update (and reminder - tonight's the night) - we'll be raffling an item that was salvaged from the Andrea Doria in aid of the hurricane relief efforts. The raffle will last until the 20th of October when we will also be holding a silent auction - again for hurricane relief - we've had a number of sponsors step up and donate items for the auction, so it should be a fun event.

Hope some of you can make it this evening.

Wish I could have made it, Outback, hope it was a very successful event. Give us a report when you get a chance. I got two new students today (in n.e. Texas) who are refugees from N.O. These students were extremely grateful for the new supplies and school uniforms that were provided them. They were both very quiet, and tried very hard to do their lessons today... I cannot imagine being them- completely uprooted and shaken around at such an early age (6th gr). My other students were all very sensitive and helpful to the new ones, and I was really proud of them. This has and will continue to touch all our lives, we can't stop praying for, and helping them, now. My sister and brother inlaw lived in N.O. and are currently staying in Texas, they are still not sure of the status of their home & her office.

Foo

Many thanks to all that came down - we made over $1000 for the cause, so it's a good start. And we had a lot of fun doing it!

We have a couple of other things coming up - I'll kick off a separate thread for those, but the sneak preview is that we're organising a book signing by Joe Burnworth who wrote the book No Safe Harbor on October 20th. At the same event, we've got a silent auction going on - we have had some great donated items to auction off and we are raffling a bowl that was recovered from the First Class Dining Room on the Andrea Doria - again all proceeds to the relief efforts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom