Pockets on wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I live in hawaii and I sold my drysuit. With that being said, how many people have put pockets on their wetsuits?

On all three wetsuits!! I would not be caught dead in those shorts......

I've got one on my wetsuit, as well. Sewn, not glued. I had a shoe repair guy do mine. He even accounted for the stretch of the suit.

This is something that I have thought about doing but haven't actually done yet.

fishb0y:
I live in hawaii and I sold my drysuit. With that being said, how many people have put pockets on their wetsuits?

I know you can glue the pocket on the wetsuit. I have seen many successes and failures. It is a nasty if you fail to attach.

You had better get the pocket that can be attached to your BC

Or

Get X-short. It ia a little bit pricey, but it is worth to invest and you can get two large pockets.... Awesome.

I got some pockets and I had them sewn of a pait of shorts (much like the X-shorts) Its the best idea, but it does look a lil dorky at times.

I bought dive rite's pocket that attaches to the waist belt and has 2 thigh straps, its a great pocket, but the thigh straps are a PITA. I then had a pocket sewn on to the wetsuit, only complaint is it could have been a bit bigger... still happy with it though.

My first wetsuit came with one and I didn't think much about it, until I sarted finding stuff like watches, rings and cans on the bottom, now I realize how great pockets can be! I would use the pockets on my bc, but I can't move much with a 7mm and jacket bc. In other words, pockets are great for me. I even made sure there was one on my drysuit when I bought that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom