pockets for wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering what all the wetsuit divers were using for pockets. X-shorts worn over their wetsuit, or something like the X-pockets (which are glued on)? If glued on style, does the glue work pretty well?

Jason

if you look at the bottom of this thread, you'll see a "similiar threads" list. there are a couple already in there, and a search will find a bunch of others.

Never noticed the 'similar threads' feature before, once I get to the "reply" box I either reply or hit backspace. As for the search...I did one on x shorts but most of the threads were from people who had bought them, but had not dived them yet. Thought I'd see if anyone had any new info. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Jason

All the "similar threads" are pretty much the same, everyone pointing posters to the online directions. I've seen those...I'm trying to find some who has done it, and find out if they stay on well or did it end up being more of a pain or messing up the wetsuit. I also know people who have the Dive Rite pockets that slides onto harness and they did not recommend it.

Jason

Believe it or not, typing in wetsuit pocket brings up a boat load of drysuit pocket threads...I did find one little gem on the next to the last post from O-ring and oxyhacker.

Jason

I use the X-Shorts and love them. One modification a few of us have done though is to remote the waistband string and replace it with bungee cord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom