Pocket options ... not on the wet/dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
I want to add a pocket to my configuration but i dont want to deal with attaching one to my Viking dry suit. I need this pocket for a back up mask and any other items i need to store.

is my best option to add a pocket to the waist strap of my harness?

I beleive the DIR way is to attach it to the wet or dry suit leg, is this the only acceptable DIR method?

anyone got a sugestion or solution for me?

Andy

I don't know what is DIR acceptable.

Dive-Rite makes a mask pocket that goes on your harness waist strap. There was a couple on e-bay starting at $5, or see your Dive-rite dealer.

Another way of describing what Tavi is thinking of is a "detached thigh pocket".

Top has a loop that your waist harness fits through, and the bottom has a strap that goes around your thigh like a gun holster strap. It is a large bellows pocket hat is more than big enough for a mask and the other things you might want with you on the dive.

I also got mine off of eBay for about $15 or so.

Also, since I've changed configs and have new dry suit (with thigh pockets) I may not need the one I have. If you can't find one on your own, contact me and we'll talk.

--Mike

Actually i have used the Diverite one, i dont like it. Also theres not really room for anything but a small mask in there.

Andy

Mike
I thought he was referring to the mask pocket only. I will look into the one you mention, sounds like an option.

I was in the same position a few months ago, and first had a zip pocket that goes on the webbing by Halcyon. I did not like it and finally went for the thigh pockets you can glue or sew onto the wetsuit. (Of course EE took the zip pocket backwith no questions asked in exchange as per their 30 day guarentee).

I had always thought the thigh pockets would be cumbersome and bothersome during a dive. Boy was I wrong. Cannot even tell they are there. I carry a spool, bag, and emt shears and cannot tell at all. The pockets are also very easy to access. After a few dives in the Ranger of getting into strange contortionist shapes to get something, these are the bees knees.

DIR placement is a bellows on the left thigh and a flat pocket on the right to hold slate or wetnotes. Both velcro.

I just glued them on with Mcnetts and after 10 dives are fine. From what I understand it will be necessary to touch up the edges with more cement every now and then. You can also have them sewed on if you wish which would be more $$ but better in the long run I suppose.

I would not buy another wetsuit without putting the pockets on.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom