Poaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seamonster01

Registered
Reaction score
We dove KVI today. It was a pretty good dive with lots to see.Vis wasn't the best but it was good enough.
When we got there someone in a boat was fishing. Thought that was kinda odd but who am I to judge. Maybe they were fishing for flounders.
He left when he saw that we were dropping anchor and not going anywhere soon.

That is not what bothered me.

The problem I had was, when I found the reef,amongst all the other stuff to see, I found TWO (2) small lingcod with very recent spear scars on their heads.If you have ever wounded one you can't mistake the damage.
Now I have been spearfishing for a long time. I know sometimes people take a quick shot and wound a fish now and then. I think most wounded fish recover.
What I have no patience for is people that poach, especially spearfisherman.
I want folks to know and I hope others will do the same that If I see this happening I will take your photo, your boat numbers,call the cops and swear out a statement as to what I saw.
Happy Diving

Using scuba to take fish from popular dive sites is legal, but bad form. Doing it out of season and killing fish that are too small is illegal. Hope if they catch this person they fine him heavily, seize his scuba gear and impound his boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom