PNG - Is land based possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilstewart:
Hi,

thanks for all the information. Ken was your price including diving or did you have to pay additional for this? My partner, Mika is Japanese and the problem I have with booking through a Japanese tour operator is they cannot confirm the price. I know this has something to do with government taxes and that the tour operator cannot confirm flight prices until much closer to departure date but it does make trying to book anything very difficult if all you are told "The price will be between $2000 and $3000". I think we have decided on Walindi and just hope we can bring it in for reasonable money.

Walindi is an EXCELLENT choice. I would recommend an Australian shop, DiversionOz (Google them). Used them for our honeymoon. Get them to give you a quote for the flight from POM + the stay at Walindi. Should be no problem to get it booked and paid for now.

neilstewart:
Hi,
Ken was your price including diving or did you have to pay additional for this? My partner, Mika is Japanese and the problem I have with booking through a Japanese tour operator is they cannot confirm the price. I know this has something to do with government taxes and that the tour operator cannot confirm flight prices until much closer to departure date but it does make trying to book anything very difficult if all you are told "The price will be between $2000 and $3000".

hi neilstewart,

in my case, 2000 USD included air fare and room charge but not diving itself. as i corresponded with the diving service prior to my departure, i came to realize that it was cheaper to pay diving fee directly to them.

you may try this tactics, too. i mean, while you ask your tour operator about the whole package price including everything as well as the air fare and hotel charges, you get in touch with a manager of the diving service and ask their price for diving only.

ken chung ar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom