Pls suggest lightweight tropical BC to replace Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have almost always been rare and with a wait time but had not heard Eric was completely out of production.
I am for now until material prices and these stupid supply shortages calm down. Everything’s too expensive right now and I wouldn’t make any money.

If you're considering the Hollis, take a look at this. No, I don't dive it, I have all BPW setups but this is a good option outside the BPW.

I dove a Zeagle Covert for a couple or 3 years, took it to Bonaire and it rolls up to the size of a Sunday paper. I swapped it for an Aqualung Outlaw because my shoulders are really messed up and the Outlaw's pivoting shoulder straps are easier for me to get on. If you don't need bells and whistles, both are great. I just wish the AL had the Covert's weight pockets instead of the SureLock pockets.

I wanted to thank everybody for their input and share what I landed on. As a bit of a surprise to myself from where I started, I chose a Scubapro Hydros Pro.

It's not the lightest thing around, but it's got a lot of the stuff I like about the Zeagle Ranger (toughness, comfort) with some advantages (less mass, less bulk, easier to carry weight on my back, very secure to my body). The BP/W setups looked interesting, but they didn't appear as refined, thought through, or well manufactured as the Hydros. Some of them seemed like they were put together in a back yard. I can see where that would be an advantage for some, but not so much for me. The Hydros appears to have a lot of the stability and feelings of freedom attributed to BP/Ws without some of the drawbacks for me as a recreational diver. It also appears I'll have the flexibility to dive it in the Puget Sound, which I wouldn't have with more travel focused BCs.

Now I'll have to see how it actually dives...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom