Please help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, don't do that . . .

Copied the .jpg file into my PhotoShop and did some color adjustment and some contrast adjustment.

Pretty evident . . .

es601 if you think that sponge is a frogfish then it IS a frogfish!! Don't let any of us talk you out of it :) ++Ken++

Sponge:

frogfish.jpg

Sorry, it's a sponge. It's more obvious in grayscale. And further obvious when it's lightened. What you think is an eye socket is a hole in the sponge.

Although I could see how you'd be fooled. It does look like an eye with a mouth beneath it. But I don't see the rest of the fish.

I had a simlar experience once. I had shot some general pictures of the reef off Maui. About a decade later I noticed that plain as day there was a scorpionfish standing in the middle of one of them.

Attachments

• frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 31
  • frogg2.jpg
    frogg2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 32
  • frog3.jpg
    frog3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 35
OK...just blew it up a bit and have to agree, it isn't the shape of a frogfish

Untitled-1.jpg

If you don't think it is a sponge, it might be another fish, but it's definately not a frogfish.

justleesa:
OK...just blew it up a bit and have to agree, it isn't the shape of a frogfish

Untitled-1.jpg

If you don't think it is a sponge, it might be another fish, but it's definately not a frogfish.

Ok, a dead frogfish that I happened to step on prior to taking the picture??? Maybe I was having a bad bouyancy day?? Ok the kids predicted this outcome and the fact that no matter what you guy's say I'm just going to go on believin what I want. Damn I hate when they're right!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom