Please help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can you guy's please help me here. I took this picture of coral and sponge in Bonaire. However now 4 months later I'm looking at the picture and I see a frog fish. My son and daughter swear I'm seeing things. Can anyone else see it or am I really delusional:huh:

Attachments

• frogfish2.jpg
    frogfish2.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 111
parabolic:
es601 I think you are seeing something but it looks like a sponge rather than a frogfish. Sorry,

frogfish2.jpg

sorry theres no image in your post PB cmon look at those two beady eyes and that Jimmy Durante nose!! I'll try to post a better pic:huh:

I can almost see how you could view that as a fish blended in very well with its environment, but I believe that is stretching it. The "eye" looks like a hole in the organic material, and the white "whiskers" look the same as the white sand highlights that appear to the left in the picture. Digital picture white balance and other issues can sometimes make parts of pictures stand out, and this can be deceiving.

If you look at the entire object, there are holes, pits, and irregularities that make it look more like a formation, instead of a fish. I have seen my share of frogfish.

Don't worry...it reminds me of looking at cloud formations. One person will see a building, while the next person will see a ship. Our mind can make our eyes see what it wants to sometimes!

I may be wrong, and your kids may be wrong, but I'll vote with them on this one.

Sorry, that is a sponge. Frogfish have higher backs...

_MG_0262copy.jpg

_MG_2563copy.jpg

If anything it looks a little like a Puffer...

_MG_7704copy.jpg

_MG_2376copy.jpg

I see it.

the K

es601:
sorry theres no image in your post PB cmon look at those two beady eyes and that Jimmy Durante nose!! I'll try to post a better pic:huh:

??? There is an image in my post and in your response to my post.

parabolic:
??? There is an image in my post and in your response to my post.

A little box with an red X in it I assumed was an image that couldn't be viewed?

The Kraken:
I see it.

the K

Thanks K I knew I wasn't crazy!

When I viewed it on my sons laptop it was almost undistinguishable but on my 24" flat panel it is quite noticeable. Although I agree some what flatter bodied than most.

Back
Top Bottom