Please help with final camera decision- Have researched for 2 weeks prior to posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the micro 4/3. Otherwise prepare for selling the S100 in a few months. the Image quality from the micro 4/3 is a lot better than the S100 and the image quality of the Sony Nex is lots better than the micro 4/3.

I learned a long time ago to get the "best " that I could afford rather than a compromise and while I haven't always paid attention it has always been good advice.
Bill

You are so right Bill, I learned my lesson buying poor- mediocre quality products building my turbo Acura. Guess I should carry over the lessons learned. I have decided on getting the Sony nex5n, it's a lot of money but it will last me years to come. I'm gonna take a trip to Reef Photo my next day off( gotta support the locals). Thanks for all the input!

For the Nex5n, there's either Aquatica or Nauticam...I'll probably be buying the Nauticam.
Nauticam International Ltd.

Please post link to what you're buying, how much, etc. You're one of the first to my knowledge amongst the posters here.

I'm going with the 10bar housing it's cheaper than the other two housings and has plenty of accessories to go with it.

I was planning on getting a video light 1st- was looking at the Light and motion sola 1200 since I plan on shooting primarily video. I will get a strobe after that and was thinking about a sea and sea ys-02. Do you guys think that would be an adequate combo? Will definitely be posting pics once I get my setup and will be taking a trip to reef photo on Wednesday.

Look into the combo's, light & strobe. The Ikelite I was demoed was cool, multi-mode. Like light on, but detects camera flash and flashes, useful if you flip from video to camera mode.

The Sea & Sea's must be cheaper than the Ikelites, I was demoed the D161 that retails around 1200$.

(ouch)

Now I have problems, it seems that the Nex5N can't record videos longer than 23minutes without overheating and shutting off! I started a thread in the Sony section asking if anyone has had that experience yet. When I google a ton of links come up with it, I've watched many test videos but am curious if the colder temperature under water would prevent the temps from rising but if it's a hot summer day things would be different. Looks like im gonna end up with the panasonic GF2 instead. I'll keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom