Please help - Wife wants to cancel Sipadan for security reasons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish:
We visited Bali with our son who was 3 months old - It was quite easy to find a baby sitter when we wanted to do some diving (staying in Tulamben you can dive from the shore and hence juste get away for an hour).

So we got the best of both worlds: baby and diving !

Just an idea...

Hmmm. What about all the added baby stuff you got lug around??? That in addition to scuba gear plus moving around the island to different 3 locations seems like too much hassle. Obviously you pulled it off, but too daunting for me. I want to just dive and relax, ya know? The other thing is our baby has atopy and we don't want to make any drastic changes to her environment.

slee416:
Hmmm. What about all the added baby stuff you got lug around??? That in addition to scuba gear plus moving around the island to different 3 locations seems like too much hassle. Obviously you pulled it off, but too daunting for me. I want to just dive and relax, ya know? The other thing is our baby has atopy and we don't want to make any drastic changes to her environment.

True about the baby stuff + dive gear... We rented a car and this solved the problem. The other thing is stick to one place... I was just sharing my experience so that you guys know it is perfectly feasible (... and enjoyable !)

although there's nothing to worry about, i wouldn't go. your wife just had a baby and is worried.
as mentioned, the malaysian government comes up with all sorts of ideas and tends to change them once in a while. i doubt sipadan will remain closed or ppl will just do things illegally and they won't really care.
there are many other dive spots and you can save the sipadan area for when your wife is more comfortable with it. no point having a worried buddy who thinks you don't respect her opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom