Please help me decide....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Romance...scuba....hmmmm romance? scuba....hmmmmm.... Me thinks the scuba will bring out the romance and diving all day long may just win out. A nice little bungalo over the water, a bottle of good red wine and my hubby are all I need for romance. Diving is a top priority for this vacation.... By the way, does anyone have photos of the overwater cabanas? Inside and out?
Is the scuba good in Jamaica? As good as Roatan? How about the Fiju Islands?

ScubaDoobaDo:
Romance...scuba....hmmmm romance? scuba....hmmmmm.... Me thinks the scuba will bring out the romance and diving all day long may just win out. A nice little bungalo over the water, a bottle of good red wine and my hubby are all I need for romance. Diving is a top priority for this vacation.... By the way, does anyone have photos of the overwater cabanas? Inside and out?

I assume you are talking about the cabanas at CoCo View I found this website hope it helps plus look on their web page under accomodations http://www.bryny.com/trip/roatan2003/

Who be that man in the hula hoop :wink:

Never been to Jamaica but my brother went said the diving wasn't very good IHO. Roatan has great diving the walls and sponges are beautiful plus all the little critters you can see.

I have been to Fiji. The trip will cost twice as much if not more plus you get to sit in an airplane for 15 hrs at least from where I flew out of. The diving is like going from the lake to the Caribbean. It is like nothing I have ever seen the colors and fish life cannot compare to the Caribbean but, for the money I can go three times to Roatan for what it would cost me to go to Fiji and have just as much fun.

ScubaDoobaDo:

Scubadoo,

Based on your last post, forget Jamaica. I'd make plans to go to Cocoview. Enjoy the wine and everything else.

Regards,

Cocoview looks like the perfect place for us... great photos. Looking forward to seeing it for myself.... Thanks to all for your help, as it gets closer to booking time I'm sure I'll be asking many, many more questions....

Alligator golf? I think the biggest challenge at the Sandy Bay putt-putt is not hitting the live chickens! Currently there is no golf other than the mini course on that island- golfers often fly to the mainland for the day- I think there is a course in La Ceiba (any resort you stay in can probably make arrangements for you if you just can't go without.) A golf course will be in Roatan's future, but not for a few more years- the Mystic Harbor 9 hole course has been put on hold undefinetly, but Viva WYndham's Roatan site claims that plans for an adjacent 18 hole golf course are in the works. Who really knows if and when either of these will ever happen- but I'm sure some golf course will be built in the future.
If I were to pick a place on the island strictly for romance I would be looking at Paya Bay- but I've been married long enough that I'd rather dive! CoCo View is supposed to have an excellent photography department, and I have heard that taking an underwater photography class there is well worth it!
Congratulations on your annivesary- hope you have a wonderful time in Roatan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom