Please Help! Compatibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a new inflator/regulator, but I'm not quite sure which one would fit on my BC. I'm currently running an octo as a secondary/back reg., but would like to eliminate a hose for obvious reasons. Recently tried out the "Genesis" by sherwood but it didn't fit my corrogated hose.

Anyone have an idea as to which makes/models would fit the newer Mares BCs. I dont readily have the model type on me cause the Jacket is home and I'm at work, but if this makes a difference, I can get it relatively fast. But am assuming all Mares run on similar setups.

Or if changing out the large corrogated hose is a must, then if possible, whats the easiest/best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Really? Nobody has any info regarding this modification to a standard Mares BC? I know somebody's gotta be runnin an aftermarket inflator/regulator as a back up instead of a standard Octo....... Little help!

At the moment not able to compare but my best guess is,that the Oceanic inflator reg will fit the mares hose.

Just cut the tiewrap and compare them.

Thanks 300bar,

Thats what I was lookin for. I'll start with the Oceanic and see if it fits. I was trying to get around driving around Orlando Dive shops with my BC testing inflators, but it seems thats innevitable.

The main reason I ask is because I'll proabably end up ordering the item on-line, considering the price differences between that and my local dive shop. I hate to go around the dive shops, cause I know they need to make a profit too, but the cost is sometimes VERY significant.

Thanks again for the reply. I'll have my eyes set on the Oceanic models primarily to begin with. But it looks like some leg work's gonna be needed regardless.

If you measure the diameter of the corrugated hose at the inflator end it would be easier to advise you. I know that the Aeris/Oceanic is a different size than the Air2/3 - but not sure which will fit a Mares hose. Normally the elbow that goes into the BC is standard, so you can change the corrugated hose to one that fits the octo/inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom