PLEASE HELP!!: Are these images fixable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underthesea81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

Went down this past weekend for the first time with my digital setup.
Apeture was all wrong and I was using a olympus c 8080 with ikelite dual tray and ds50 strobe.
Anyways i thought pics were gonna come out fine but after my dives was sorely disappointed considering i got a couple decent shots in. Downloaded Photoshop CS5 to try and fix them but having trouble and wondering if i can even fix them.
I changed the apeture from 1.7 to 0, which should help but all the pics look like the strobe produced too much light, even tho it was on TTL with a sync cable and camera was set to external flash.
Really hoping i can restore some color to these shots, or future advice is appreciated.

Attached one as an example of what im dealing with-PS all photos are like this

THanks!

Attachments

• P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 97
no_x_pert_2_cents.png

IMHO those shots are toast. They are way overexposed.

F1.7 lets in way too much light for a strobe shot. Are you using your camera in the "manual" mode setting your F stops and shutter speeds?

Try working with F5 and smaller aperature (higher F number) depending on the color of your subject and the background.

What is the EXIF data on the shot you posted as I could not recover it.

No chance. Massively overexposed and JPG to boot so no hope of recovering enough detail. That and the white balance is miles out.
Make you sure review the histogram underwater after taking a shot to see if its burnt out and so on before moving onto the next shot.

Back
Top Bottom