Please give your opinions / comments on Henderson Insta Dry Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepbrew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it's about time for me to get some new booties. I am interested in the Insta Dry boots by Henderson, b/c, like everyone else, I don't like putting on cold smelly boots. Now, I am also debating on which boots to get (3mm, 5mm, or 7mm) if I go w/ the Henderson's.

My first question to those of you that have them is about quality. How well are they holding up? I have heard of quality issues with the full wetsuits, but I have seen very (if any) complaints with their gloves and boots. I probably dive 100 or so dives a year, and would definitely use the Insta Dry boots on trips where I will be doing repetative diving.

My next question is what thickness do you recommend? I currently dive 5mm ScubaPro's, but I only got those b/c that is what was in stock when I needed them. I don't necessarily need 5mm thickness, but then again I guess they are comfortable. I have, in fact, considered getting the 7 mm boots just b/c I would be able to use them in "artic-like" diving conditions. This winter the coldest water I encountered was 44 degrees, and I had no issues in my 5mm SP boots. This summer I will be diving Alaska and hope to dive Vancouver & the Channel Islands some time over the next year or so as well. I am going to assume 7 mm boots would be more than sufficient for me in those temps. BUT, would they be too hot in warmer waters (i.e. do they make your feet sweat?)? I do a lot of diving in the Gulf & Atlantic year-round, and it gets in the mid to upper 80s in the warmer months. I would assume they would not get too hot just b/c there will always be some water in the boot to keep you from sweating... or am I mistaken?

Also, does the 7mm thickness make them too stiff and uncomfortable?

AND, would they fit inside my Appolo Biofins (size Large)?

One more thing... I wear size 10.5 or 11s in shoes. Would I need a size 11 in the Henderson boots, or do I need to go up/down a size?

Any help / advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom