Please check this plan (Coz and Cenotes)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Man, you are expecting a lot of your lady friend :(

Changing fins (and I assume kicks as well), adding a can light, jumping to doubles -- heavy doubles for a small woman -- and going straight to cave training within a week's trip? You know, that would not add up to fun for me, anyway.

Why not be a little less ambitious? Do a few days of fun diving with the fins and the can light, and then do cavern only in a singles rig? If your GF hasn't done the Fundies-type skills, she's going to have to get all that in her cavern portion, anyway.

I may be speaking out of turn, because I don't know your GF, and I don't know how driven she is to get all this done -- But if you're the one who's pushing it, be careful. I stopped rock climbing because my BF at the time pushed me too fast into difficult climbing, and I lost my confidence and my enthusiasm simultaneously.

You have a point, but then again I think many people use a bp/w, can light, doubles, etc. for the first time when they start their tech or cave training. Also, the cave course was her idea.

But we'll take it relatively slowly. Ideally (if everything works acording to plan which it never does) we'll show up and get weighted correctly and adjusted at shore with just singles, but also can lights. Then do a night dive from the boat. Next day we'll do 2 more single tank boat dives, and then we'll try the doubles at shore at the end of the day. After that she can decide whether to use doubles or singles for the rest of the boat dives. We are on a 4-day package, so it's 8 boat dives total, plus some shore dives. Also, if she feels it's too much diving, then she can take a break and I'll try to squeeze in a tech dive.

The shop is Dive with Martin (and Cozumel King Divers is their tech affiliate), though I still need to confirm everything and make the deposit with their US end. For now I've been exchanging emails with someone from their Coz end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom