Playacar south of Playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be spending a few days in Playa del Carmen can anyone suggest good operator. looking for stress free relaxing diving. Any shore diving in Playa?

rwb:
Will be spending a few days in Playa del Carmen can anyone suggest good operator. looking for stress free relaxing diving. Any shore diving in Playa?

Try Scuba Safaris in Playa del Carmen. Did a reef drift dive. only 6 divers plus two DM's. I wasn't that impressed with those dives. However, I did then go cenote diving with them and had a great time. If you want stress free (that is if you don't mind an overhead environment) this type of diving is really great. You will always be able to see the entrance or the glow of the entrance. My experience with Scuba Safaris was good. Knowledgeable, friendly staff, very accommodating.

Barracuda2

rwb:

phantom divers is a good shop, so is dressel divers. try diving tortugas reef, very relaxing dive and youll see a lot of turtles, barracuda, sharks, tuna, tarpon ect...its a 60 foot dive...if your looking for more of a wall dive then do los arcos, which is a 95 foot dive with a lot of swim throughs and a beautiful wall

I have used Dive Mike in the past, they are very good but you have to make sure they know where you are as far as experience is related. Have hear good comments about Scuba LIbre and Tank-Ha. For Cenote Diving, you cannot beat www.hiddenworlds.com Actually, next time I go there I will stick to the reefs close to Akumal and probably use Akumal Dive Shop.
Maria

I use Abyss Divers in Playa. Dove Ceynotes and ocean and they were great.

rwb:
was in PDC 3/04. used Yucatek,had a good time.they have a plan for $200 you get 2 dives off PDC (saw at least 20 turtles)2 cenote dives(very cool) and 2 dives in cozumel (they use Deep Blue dive shop,ferry cost not included) the PDC dives had only 3 people,that was real nice! the cenote dive also had only 3 of us. Coz. dives were on a bigger boat (about 40 ft.) so there were about 10 of us.i have been going to the PDC area for about 20 years and the only shore diving i've heard of is in front of a few hotels in coz. hope this helps,have a ball! oh yeah,if you do the cenote,watch for the alligator,he's small but fiesty!

Back
Top Bottom