Playa Hermosa (Diving Safaris) April 29- May 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkymn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone planning on diving in Costa Rica, the Playa Hermosa area (The northern one) between April 29th and May 6th? I'm staying at Villas Sol and was planning to use Diving Safaris, as they're right at the beach. I'd love to meet some other divers while I'm there.

Let me know if you'll be down there.

-Trent

Hi Trent,

Ask to Dive with Mauricio, he is one of Diving Safaris divemasters and is one of the best. You should have a good time. Let me know if you have any other questions. Adios!

Hermosa, do you know about any Dive Fest that's supposed to be going on there that week? I saw you posted water temps in the 70-78 degree range.. I'm guessing my 3mm full might be a bit too thin then??

We haven't heard anything about a dive fest. There is a PADI beach clean-up sometime in May, which is always fun. You should be fine with a 3 mm.

Hermosa, do you know if there is a beginner/medium level area near the Villas Sol to go boogie boarding? I'm not sure I'm up for a real surf trip, just like to boogie board more easy waves.

Hi Trent,

We have never heard of any dive fest. You should be okay with a 3 mm unless you get cold easy and there are sometimes thermaclines here.

Ahh, well I won't worry about that then, it's before I get there!

My bride-to-be and I are wrapping up our honeymoon in Playa Ocotal and are looking to do a couple of dives before heading home. We plan to do a day at local sites to "warm up" and then go to Catalina Island to see the mantas. All the operators I spoke to require 4+ divers to go to Catalina so I am trying to meet up with another pair of divers to ensure a trip to Catalina on May 3.

Interested in Catalina? I have never been to CR, but from my research, it seems to be the best diving other than Cocos Island, which, unfortunately, can't be worked into this vacation. I have informally spoke to Resort Divers (in Playa Hermosa) about going to Catalina, but am willing to go with anyone reputable in the area (Ocotal, Playas Cocos, Playa Hermosa).

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom