Playa Del Carmen...does anyone have a "Dean" report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvmjethead:
BTW I know Playa is NOT Cozumel, but if we have a thread for every hurricaine effected city in Mexico........

Screw it what do I care.....

FYI The damage is relatively minor north of say Tulum and it gets worse the further south you go to the point of the landfall of the eye of the storm. I know thats not very specific, but untill the members who live down there start to chime in on a more regular basis your info is limited to CNN and the weather agencies......

Thanks for care and concern about others.

Maybe the reason you have not heard anything from Mahahual is the town was about 80% destroyed. There is not electric, no phones, no internet. In many places the road is still blocked.

Here's some detailed information and pictures about the devastation in Mahahual. I know many scuba board members have traveled and dove in this part of Mexico.

The photos and volunteer's experience truly speak for themselves. Please open your hearts and wallets.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/35443-hurricane-assistance-needed-majahual-as

Click on general/hurricane assisitance needed in Mahahual...

Hope this link works, and thanks for your support. I'm truly amazed at the give $=supplies bought=goods delivered in a matter of 1-2 days.

bvmjethead:
BTW I know Playa is NOT Cozumel, but if we have a thread for every hurricaine effected city in Mexico........

Screw it what do I care.....

FYI The damage is relatively minor north of say Tulum and it gets worse the further south you go to the point of the landfall of the eye of the storm. I know thats not very specific, but untill the members who live down there start to chime in on a more regular basis your info is limited to CNN and the weather agencies......

I guess you've said it all??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom