Playa del Carmen Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my wife and I are headed to the riviera maya region in about a month. We were certainly looking to do a little diving...are there many reefs which are not drift diving? We would like to do a couple of these just to ease ourselves back into it. I appreciatte this thread, its an enjoyable read...its really making me look forward to our trip.

Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jacob,

Im glad you like the Geofish thread. I haven't kept it up as much as I should but the last week been horrible rainy weather anyways. The diving here is all drift diving. There are a few select reefs that the current is a lot more mild, but there will always be current. I know that a lot of people regard drift diving as a more challenging and risky dive. However, if you plan it correctly, have a reliable crew on the boat and don't fight it, it actually becomes very enjoyable and relaxing. We like to call it lazy diving. You drop in descend and let the current take you. There is no need to turn around and swim back to the boat. When you are done diving you simply ascend and the boat is there waiting for you. There are no inlets in the area, so that is not an option. PM if you would like to set some diving up. We would love to show you and your wife an awesome time.

Morgan -

How were the sharks this year? Didnt see any references to shark dives in your updates, but figured like last year they start disappearing around the end of winter. Still want to make a trip down there during those months and get a dive in to see some sharks!

Hello Geofish......coming down at the end of March and want to dive 3 days out of the week we are there....a buddy and myself. Whereabouts are you located? I understand it is all drift diving which I dont mind. Do you do anything out of Cozumel as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom