Playa Del Carmen area-Best Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up doing a 1-tank dive at Punta Maroma; the next day I did a 2-tank dive at Tortugas and Cabezos (spelling?).

To me, although I had not been in open water in 9 years, Punta Maroma was ok atr best. Tortugas was good, but I didn't want to go too deep so that I could dive longer. As a result, I really didn't see too much marine life besides turtles. I loved Cabezos; I thought the reef was healthy, I liked moving in and out of the corals formations, and it offered a great variety of marine life (lobsters, crabs, eels, shrimp, electric torpedo ray, plus plenty of fish).

Basically, Tortugas is what is says. Turtles . But, depending on the time of year, yo will see schools of tarpon . I've seen them in June and luckily in October as well.

Out of all the dive sites here, I have seen more "rare sightings" off Tortugas reef then any other. My sightings there have included whale shark, manta rays, eagle rays, hammerheads, bullsharks, dolphins and sailfish/marlin. :eyebrow: I love the diving here because you never know what will swim up out of the Big Blue! :D:popcorn::D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom