Playa del Carmen All inclusive HELP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mckinness

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have stayed at Wyndham resorts and they were ok. I looking for the plush 4 to 5 star in or around PDC anyone have any suggestions? Also opinions on dive shops would be appreciated thanks
:crafty:

I stayed at the Iberostar Resort in Playa Paraiso-I woul consider it a 4 star resort-it is an all inclusive. They have 5 properties from which to choose (one is adults only-that one might be a 5 star-not sure). Food was good, drinks were good, service was good, place was nice, and they have a dive operator on site.

I am not entirely sure how close the Grand Sirenis is but I would definitely recommend it.

Aventura Spa Palace in Puerto Aventuras, about 15 minutes south of PDC. Five star, romantic, excellent food, great service, plenty of restaurants, huge pools, generally quiet and extremely relaxing. Huge 150 room spa on the property (cost is extra). Jacuzzi in room is great for both romance and rinsing dive gear. Adults only (not THOSE kind of adults, not that there's anything wrong with that). Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site

Palace resorts also has a property in PDC and on Cozumel. Lot of kids in both places depending upon the time of year you go.

Aventura Spa has dive shacks on the property but it is cheaper to deal directly with the dive shops in Puerto Aventuras. We used Dive Aventuras for both ocean and cenote diving.
Dive Aventuras Mexico scuba diving vacation packages Puerto Aventuras

ScubaSteve001,
Have you (or anyone out there) used the dive shop located at Grand Sirenis Resort, in Akumal? We are booked here for Nov 7th. Any comments about them? Thank you, I appreciate all the help I can get.

ScubaSteve001,
Have you (or anyone out there) used the dive shop located at Grand Sirenis Resort, in Akumal? We are booked here for Nov 7th. Any comments about them? Thank you, I appreciate all the help I can get.

I did 4 dives with the shop located as part of the Grand Sirenis when we were there in January. Unfortunately, we were there with non-divers so out ime truly beneath the surface was limited to those 4 dives. The dive operation was great. They were fun and accommodating. My GF has issues with equalizing her ears (now she has Doc Pro Plugs which help 99%) and the DM gently moved me to the side and helped her equalize by doing a couple of things she had never been shown (like rubbing her ears) which was amazing for her. So I can really say nothing bad about the dive op. The dives that we went on were not the greatest I have been on, but I would still have done more if we had been there alone.

Are you actually staying at the Grand Sirenis? If you are actually at that resort, we were there. IMHO it was a great resort. It is huge and you get a lot of walking (which you need to know and hopefully you want) and getting your gear can to and from the dive shop can be a challenge. I loved the LAZY RIVER......it is a small river of flowing pool water....you sit on an inner tube and ride it....with a drink...just awesome.

You are about 7 or 8 minutes taxi from Akumal and very close to Xel-Ha. If you cannot be underwater every day, then Xel-Ha is a great place to go (not cheap but worth it in my mind). I wish I had done the cenotes and especially cenote diving. Ask away if you have any questions....I will gladly help you out in any way I can.

Bahia Principe Akumal Resort and Protec for diving

ScubaSteve001,
Thank you so much for some great information. We are booked into Grand Sirenis and I have been reading alot of info in Trip Advisor, but I just couldn't find out much about the dive shop on site. That's what brought me here. I set up this trip for both divers and non divers, everyone can do as they wish. Happy Travels and Safe Diving...

Back
Top Bottom