Playa Del Carmen 3rd week of april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark G

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be diving in PDC and need to know water temps. 3rd week of april. I might need to pick up a wet suit. any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cenotes are 75 F....a 5mm would be better, or maybe 1/2 a 7 mm farmer john

Depends on how warm blooded you are. I dive in the northeast and figure that I'm pretty tolerant to the cold. I had a two mil shortie and it was about 100 in the jungle. When I jumped in to Chac Mool there was a 30 degree difference! Couldn't catch my breath for about 15 mins. Second dive was much better though. You may consider one of the new Pinnacle Aquatics Elastiprene Merino suits. 3 mils but keep you warm like a 5 mil.

A 3mil full as Jason said, should be okay. If you are sensitive to the cold, then a 5 mil will be fine. A buddy of mine down there is diving a 5 mil whenever it drops below 80 degrees....www. :D

Thanks for all the input. I dived dutch in early spring with a 7mil farmer john hood and gloves+booties and only my feet and fingers were cold also I did the Florida springs that were 72 degrees with just the top of the 7 mil farmer john and that was ok except my calves cramped so I think I do run on the warm side(naturally insulated)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom