Question Planning for Holiday in Indonesia July 2025

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gibo69

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
me and my wife we are looking at our next trip which is planned for July 2025.
After visiting Fiji and Maldives we would love to visit Indonesia finally !
Since we are more a kind of "Vacation Diver" type, we would like to avoid places with strong currents, (although Raja Ampat remains a dream sooner or later :cool:).
Not enough experience yet to enjoy this type of dive.

Currently I am looking at North Sulawesi and I am leaning toward a 8 day stay (more or less) in each of the following places:

-Lembeh
-Bangka
-Bunaken

The main reasons for choosing these three places are, firstly, we would like to see three different dives environments and different type of dives, with different species of fishes, corals, etc.
Secondly we would prefer to spend the days diving, snorkelling and relaxing at the resorts instead of "spending" precious time by flying to other parts of Indonesia.

What you think ? My reasoning is good or not ?
About the main differences of the three places... do you agree that they offer almost three different types of environments ?

We are looking at resorts, and currently we are evaluating Siladen Resort, Coral Eye and Lembeh Resort.
One thing that "bother" me is that apparently at Siladen you cannot snorkelling from the resort beach, only during high tide.
Is that true ?
How about the other two resorts ?

Do you think 3+ weeks around there is "overkill" ? :D
Any suggestion or experience would be very welcome.

Thank you very much !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom