planning for cabo san lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlstubbs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are planning on going to Cabo San Lucas around Oct. 10th for about 6 days. Any suggestions on dive operators? I think we have decided that we will stay at the Westin.

What do you think the water temp will be? I know it is cooler than the Carribean. We usually go to one of the Cayman islands twice a year. I know this is different diving.

I am a huge Sammy Hagar fan and wanted to maybe catch him at the Cabo Wabo cantina if possible for his Bday on Oct. 13th. (probably tough to get in that night)

Any suggestions on diving would be appreciated!

Thanks,

John L

jlstubbs:
My wife and I are planning on going to Cabo San Lucas around Oct. 10th for about 6 days. Any suggestions on dive operators? I think we have decided that we will stay at the Westin.

What do you think the water temp will be? I know it is cooler than the Carribean. We usually go to one of the Cayman islands twice a year. I know this is different diving.

I am a huge Sammy Hagar fan and wanted to maybe catch him at the Cabo Wabo cantina if possible for his Bday on Oct. 13th. (probably tough to get in that night)

Thanks,

John L

My wife and I will be in Cabos, staying at the Westin Sept 29 thru Oct 6. I'm still trying to figure out what op to dive with.
Did alot of posting with mixed results. Good luck on your research and your trip.

My wife and I will be in Cabo Oct. 7 thru 10 though we won't dive while we're there. We will be spending a week on the Nautilus Explorer after Cabo. Maybe we'll see some there.

When I dove in Cabo previoiusly we used Amigos Del Mar, a very good dive shop.

Ralph

I'll be there Sep. 1-6 staying at the Westin. We are planning on diving with Underwater Diversions, two-tank local and two-tank Cabo Pulmo trip.

Will post a report when I get back.

You might want to check Van Halen's tour schedule, Sammy is touring with them this summer and won't be in Cabo when I'm going to be there. Maybe by early October...

MtnDiver:
I'll be there Sep. 1-6 staying at the Westin. We are planning on diving with Underwater Diversions, two-tank local and two-tank Cabo Pulmo trip.

You might want to check Van Halen's tour schedule, Sammy is touring with them this summer and won't be in Cabo when I'm going to be there. Maybe by early October...

Thanks,

Yes I will see Sammy with Van Halen Sept. 17th in Atlanta. He will be back in Cabo early October for his Bday bash. Looking forward to diving Cabo and visiting the Cantina!

jlstubbs:
Cabo San Lucas...What do you think the water temp will be? ... I am a huge Sammy Hagar fan and wanted to maybe catch him at the Cabo Wabo cantina if possible for his Bday on Oct. 13th. (probably tough to get in that night)

Regarding weather, click this weather link that also has water temps for both the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez.

There are also water temps reported in Pepe Murrietta's frequent dive reports from Cabo Pulmo.

Regarding Sammy Hagar, click this linked thread from a very good Baja California forum. Apparently it's quite a crowded scene.

I'm lodging in the Corridor Sep. 4-11, with a two-day side trip to Cabo Pulmo to stay at Pepe's. So far, no hurricanes...but I've been warned that September is the rainiest month, which can reduce viz, as well as washing out the dirt roads outside CSL itself.

Luck,
Wayne

MtnDiver:

I checked out Underwater Diversions and will more than likely use them. Also the two-tank local and two-tank Cabo Pulmo trip is what I will do. This scary, staying at the Westin too.
Do you know how close the Westin is to Underwater Diversions?

David

dlndavid:
I checked out Underwater Diversions and will more than likely use them. Also the two-tank local and two-tank Cabo Pulmo trip is what I will do. This scary, staying at the Westin too.
Do you know how close the Westin is to Underwater Diversions?

David

Not sure how close they are, but I don't think they are very close from looking at maps of the area.

I did talk to the Underwater Diversions folks on the phone. I'm going down there with a group of folks from our company, and the Underwater Diversions folks said they would pick us up at the Westin and drop us off for the trip to Cabo Pulmo. I'm sure we'll have to find our own transportation for the local dives.

Here's the scary part, my first name is David too!

Say, y'all; if you should find my driver's license on the dance floor of Cabo Wabo let me know. Lost it there last Spring. Too many tequila shots :monkeydan.
We dove with the dive shop out of the Hilton (further up the road from Cabo) and I wouldn't recommend them. Great divemaster, tiny boat. We went to Gordo Banks and saw a whale shark! Awesome!

We dove with Underwater Diversions when we were in Cabo last year. The DMs were really good, super-friendly and professional. We went in July and the water temp was cool, maybe about 70-72 in Cabo, and 74 at Cabo Pulmo, so I don't know how the temp will be in Oct.

The shop had a one-day excursion (2 hour one-way trip) in the mini-bus to Cabo Pulmo and that was by far the best diving we did there, we saw a hammerhead, huge rays, lots of sealife, plus the water was warmer. I would definately try to make it out there at least one day. Everyone does the trips, and you can find sketchy guys on the streets waving dive site maps at you. Their prices were lower than what we paid with Underwater Diversions, but I was happy with the diving. Hope that helps!

jlstubbs:

Thanks,

John L

Back
Top Bottom