Planet Earth on Discovery HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
They're narrated by David Attenborough. He really gets into it with lots of emotion and a good British accent. For something like this, I prefer a British accent...just seems to fit the style of the show.
Oh yeah. David is great. I loved his narration of the Blue Planet. Frankly, some of the narration was kind of lame on the Sigourney Weaver version, though I'm sure it was not her fault. It was the script writers. I wonder if the words are the same when David reads it. I didn't even know there was a BBC version. Thanks for the tip.

Yup! :)
The BBC version actually came out a year ago so you can find them online...
For anyone who cares, The Blue Planet is also fantastic. Some of the cinematography is just :11:!

The Blu-Ray and HD-DVD releases feature the BBC narration. I'd imagine the DVD version does as well. Can't wait to receive my copy!

I saw it and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see cave divers in action. It's easy to see how you could get lost or stuck.

I have the Caves and Forests episodes on my DVR. I'll probably watch them tonight.

This series is just amazing. I have never seen such stunning footage in a series.

The Discovery HD versions I am DVR'ing are narrated by Sig Weaver. Not bad. Would love to hear the BBC versions.

I'd love to see this series in an IMAX format.

I agree with the assessment on Sigourney and Attenborough. Sigourney puts me to friggin’ sleep. I still watch Blue Planet to this day.

Has anyone else noticed how hung up they are on telling you how difficult it was to get a shot, "A cameraman sat in a mud puddle and didn’t eat for three days to capture this shot..."

I knew they’d jumped the shark when “Shallow Seas” showed more footage taken from a helicopter than from an underwater camera.

Anyway, I'm just a little disappointed with Planet Earth. I wanted so bad to love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom