Places to take drysuit on the Eastern side of the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradells

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got 40 rec dives (20 @ AOW) down in the Caribbean over a few visits in the past year, and would like to start diving closer to home.

Any recommendations of a dive outfit anywhere from Victoria up thru Duncan to Nanaimo and Courtney/Comox area that does a good drysuit course?

I have family all up and down the island, and have heard great things about diving there. I just never have, and have never used a dry suit before.

BRad

Hi Brad,

A good choice for the dry suit course is Sink or Swim Scuba in Nanaimo. They are located at 4131 Mostar Rd (just off the Nanaimo Parkway), and their phone number is 250-758-7946. Check out their website at www.sosscuba.ca

Ray and Shelagh are the owners and they have some great instructors. :acclaim: Send me a PM if you need any further information.

Good luck !!

Divegoose

I have no hesitation in recommending Sean at UB Diving in the Courtney/Comox area.

2440 Cliffe Avenue, Courtney (across from the the Tim Hortons).

Their phone number is 250-338-0161 or Toll Free 1-877-883-DIVE (3483)

U.B. Diving Scuba Diving Courtenay Comox BC

Of course you can also get really good dry suit instruction locally in Calgary before you go out there (even from me!)

Bill

Pacific Pro Dive has great instructors and they take you out for some great dives, Ive gone out with them dozens of times and bills got a sweet boat. Its in courtenay, Ive also heard good things about sink or swim in nanaimo although I didnt ever do any dives with them. Wilsons diving here in victoria is full of great intructors as well.

I have no hesitation in recommending Sean at UB Diving in the Courtney/Comox area.

2440 Cliffe Avenue, Courtney (across from the the Tim Hortons).

Their phone number is 250-338-0161 or Toll Free 1-877-883-DIVE (3483)

U.B. Diving Scuba Diving Courtenay Comox BC

Of course you can also get really good dry suit instruction locally in Calgary before you go out there (even from me!)

Bill

+1 for UB Diving, you'll get your course in a Whites Fusion drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom