Places to buy uw photo equipment in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish once bubbled...
There is a Sea&Sea dealer in the Adelphi mall on Coleman Street (the shop is called Divers Deams).
You will be able to find the Coolpix 5000 in many shops - try Sim Lim square for instance where you should be able to get a good deal

I doubt you'd find much in the way of UW camera gear at Sim Lim. Lucky Plaza (on Orchard Rd) has three dive shops in the basement and a couple of camera shops that carry Nikonos and Sea & Sea equipment. In spite of being on Orchard Rd., you can usually deal with shopkeepers in Lucky Plaza.

agstreet once bubbled...
Probably the most knowledgable source of underwater photography information in Singapore is Christopher Ho, who runs AQUATIC camera & video HOUSING in the Shaw Centre on Orchard Rd. (65-9-635-1215). I've also bought Nikonos lenses from Southern Cross Pte. Ltd. in Lucky Plaza (6235 0854), who also has a decent inventory of housings, strobes. etc.

That said, Singapore probably isn't the best place to buy cameras, lenses and housings in Asia. Most people find they can get better prices in Hong Kong, especially now with tourism way down because of SARS.

Yes mr Ho knows his stuff but he also knows how too charge for it. amoungst other things he is the Gates distributor but his prices are 2.5x what the rest of the world pays, i bought my housing from overseas which including fedex dely was so much cheaper. for the price of his halogen lamps you can buy HID elsewhere.

The sea and sea shop in Adelphi defintely best place for that product.

As for cameras you can get a good deal in Lucky plaza but you need to know what your buying and what the real price is. Make sure they dont give you b/s over PAL NTSC systems. The favorite trick there is to tell you a realy low price then say they havent got one but hold on 5 mins and it will be there, in mean time they try and talk you inito something else. Obviously you are dead set on a model so won't be fooled by this but it is anoying as it wastes your time when it doesnt show up. anyon etells you they can get it in 5 minswalk out.

I just bought a new sony P10 from far east plaza about 5 minutes
wlak away, probably paid a bit more than Lucky plaza, but less hassle and if any problems i wont get the BS when i go back in.

For camera equipment in Singapore, you might want to try to talk to Paris Silk Store in Holland Village (http://www.parisilk.com/profile.html). They are pretty famous for being honest and fair - not always characteristics associated with Lucky Plaza or Sim Lim shops. I don't know if they have the housings but I bet they can get you a decent quote.

Merged your two posts together.....

Most Japanese cameras I've seen actually have the labels in English (not the same for video cameras - dig, dig TJO!). You can also change the language on most of them - if you know what to press. I know that's difficult without knowing any Japanese but there are people here that can help.

Not with the manuals though....

Reason why you are not getting much of a reply on the Nik V is that it has been discontinued.

Jonathan

I am digging Jonathan... Happy you liked the diving. Now on my way to Okinawa. He-he.

I bought my casing from John 3:16 Photo in Funan Centre.

You tend to find that every one can get what you want but very few have stock of what you want.

Even so we had to wait a week or so and the prices are quite similar.

=-)

now I link the two up - thanks!

BTW I was not asking you to dig - I was having a dig at you! Isn't English a wonderful language?! Still who am I to talk - I don't speak 3 languages like you.

Have a nice time in the Kerama's

Jonathan

3? Are you talking to me? I know a few more than that ;-)

I dug up The manual. You can find it at ...

http://www.henrys.com/manuals/sony/DCR-PC110(en).pdf

...only 3.9 Mb

I hope your pc work so you can read it.

Wasn't at least the people in the 3 Halcyon BP nice btw?

I'll read that at home - faster network there!

Sorry I know you Swede's speak every language under the sun but I've only heard you use 3 (I think!)

See my other post for comments on Halcyon....

Jonathan

P.S. Luis - sorry for hijacking your thread, hopefully he'll be quiet under water for the next four days or does his mac work there?!

h e he m y m a c w o r ks a ny pla c e

Back
Top Bottom