place to stay in Coron and shops to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,
I plan to make a stop in Coron this June-July. Can you suggest a good dive operation in Coron and a easonsbly priced place to stay. Nothing unusual: small groups, professional crew, nitrox, good people, good service. For a place to stay: direct access to a swimeable beach, reasonably priced, good food, people, and service. Preferentially not too big, and quiet.

Thanks for suggestions.

Howdy,

I am no means an expert on Busuanga or Coron, but I've been there a few times. I'll give you my two cents and hopefully some others can swim into this thread with some more options and information for you.

Coron Town is a sleepy little town...now with a bunch of dive shops. It is about a 45 minute ride from the Airport to Coron. Diving out of Coron on the wrecks usually involves an up to a 2 hour boat ride to the general area where the wrecks are. I am not sure about beaches in the area, but there is a hot springs nearby. About 7 years back I dove, 3 dives a day for 3 days with Seadive Resort out of Coron. Seadive is a resort, restaurant, bar and dive shop on a pier in the middle of town. The resort was not that expensive, the rooms were fine and it had a little bit more of a unique setting sitting out on a pier. The dive center did a good job. Right now there are a lot of other choices, that were not available back then, but these folks did fine.

If you wanted to get closer to the wrecks and maybe a bit more rural, we have a "cousin" dive shop at Busuanga Bay Lodge that two of our Aussie mates own. (BBL Divers) BBL is about 45 minutes from the airport and a very posh resort and on the pricey side. However you do not have to stay there to dive. There are some less expensive lodgings nearby and also in Conception that the shop can hook you up with. The closest wreck is the Okikawa Maru and it is so close you could "scooter" it. The Akitsushima is about a 15 minute boat ride. BBL has a new, fast dive boat that allows them to do out-and-back dives. I think the furthest wreck in the group of wrecks is around a 25 minute boat ride. I was just there for a week back in October and it is a pretty sweet set-up.

If something like BBL Divers interests you, give Mark a hollar. Busuanga Bay Lodge Divers ....please tell him his buddies at Sea Scan Subic sent you. It won't get you any additional favors, but maybe might get me a free San Miguel Light (or 2) when he comes back to Subic to visit!

Have a great time and if you have any other questions, please ask.

Thanks a lot! I will contact BBLDivers, will see how this goes.
Happy bubbles and nice adventures!

Back
Top Bottom