Place that Alters Wet or Dry Suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mama Mynet

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 5'1" and I can't find anything with a decent length. BLAH... If you or ANYONE out there knows of a place that will "hem" a wetsuit (and dry too) please post or PM. Truly it is frustrating for us petite people...

I would contact liquid fit... they do a wonderful custom suit and I have heard nothing but good. I'm betting they might do alterations for you. I hope to have one some day. At the moment I use a henderson hyperstrectch, which, yes is too long (5'2) but still fits just fine and I love the stretchyness! :)

Superior Diving Repair

They do nice work on alterations to either wet or dry suits and the prices are competetive.

http://www.drysuitrepair.com/

Mama Mynet:
I'm 5'1" and I can't find anything with a decent length. BLAH... If you or ANYONE out there knows of a place that will "hem" a wetsuit (and dry too) please post or PM. Truly it is frustrating for us petite people...
Thanks a ton! I'll be calling all of them to check it out. Hopefully someone can help a height challenged diva...LOL

Hi Mama,
I was just reading about your problem. I'd be happy to help a Scuba Board member out. You would have to pay the shipping both ways and a nominal charge for the alteration. The problem with cutting off too much length is that what is now at your ankles was meant to be at your calf. The whole fit could be off a bit.

Another way you could go, would to do a semi custom. You give me your height, weight, chest, waist, hip and inseam measurement and a suit is made for you without the custom charges. This is possible for many divers with the superstretch material.

hope this helps you :dazzler1:

Give me a call and we can discuss your problem.

Carolyn
Liquid Fit
800-785-8362

Liquid Fit:
Hi Mama,
I was just reading about your problem. I'd be happy to help a Scuba Board member out. You would have to pay the shipping both ways and a nominal charge for the alteration. The problem with cutting off too much length is that what is now at your ankles was meant to be at your calf. The whole fit could be off a bit.

Another way you could go, would to do a semi custom. You give me your height, weight, chest, waist, hip and inseam measurement and a suit is made for you without the custom charges. This is possible for many divers with the superstretch material.

hope this helps you :dazzler1:

Give me a call and we can discuss your problem.

Carolyn
Liquid Fit
800-785-8362

Thanks so much Carolyn! I just started my AOW classes and when I donned my wetsuits I realized that I lost so much baby weight my current suits are too big on me (BTW if anyone needs almost new (used only a few times) full 3mm size 8 and shorty 3mm size 8, let me know before I put it up on ebay.

I still have a few more lbs to lose and I'm getting in shape now, how long does it take to get a custom fit? I'm thinking it'ld be best to wait to the last minute to order suits? I don't want to spend the money on custom only to lose more weight and have my body shape change to have it not fit again.

Mama Mynet:
Thanks so much Carolyn! I just started my AOW classes and when I donned my wetsuits I realized that I lost so much baby weight my current suits are too big on me (BTW if anyone needs almost new (used only a few times) full 3mm size 8 and shorty 3mm size 8, let me know before I put it up on ebay.

I still have a few more lbs to lose and I'm getting in shape now, how long does it take to get a custom fit? I'm thinking it'ld be best to wait to the last minute to order suits? I don't want to spend the money on custom only to lose more weight and have my body shape change to have it not fit again.

Hi again,
Generally, it takes us 2-3 weeks to get a suit to you. All of our custom suits come with a one free alteration. That way, you don't have to wait until you lose all of the weight you are desiring. Any alterations beyond that are at a very nominal fee.

Carolyn

Do alterations take as long or longer? Also will you alter a semi dry with a dry zipper?

crpntr133:
Do alterations take as long or longer? Also will you alter a semi dry with a dry zipper?
Alterations, generally take about 10 days to 2 weeks. That can vary depending on how you ship the suit. No, I will not alter dry suits.

Carolyn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom