Place for a family reunion w/ diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it.

Next June, my son graduates and will be leaving for the Navy. Our family of 4 was planning a dive trip to Florida as a celebration/bon voyage. We then decided we might invite our mothers, and siblings along with their families.

Our simple family of 4 dive trip is now for about 20 people, including about 6 kids under 10. Some of the others are divers as well. We originally considered Key Largo, as the diving there appeals to us, but we don't think the little ones will be entertained as well. It seems like they will be having to drive alot to do anything.

Any ideas? Are there any AFFORDABLE resort type places on the beach, with a great pool, that diving is also convenient.

I did not realize what a big state Florida was, until I started trying to plan this project!

Thanks,
Julie

You might try Hawk's Cay Resort, on Duck Key at about mm61. It's not cheap but not super-expensive either. They have a dolphin encounter program that the little ones would like. (Don't know how much this costs).

Looe Key Reef Resort, further down on Ramrod Key, would be very affordable. They have daily 3-tank dive/snorkel trips to the marine preserve. Beach available at nearby Bahia Honda park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom