Pixtreme #PXO1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been trying to find some reviews on this camera. I am loking at a cheap digital for taking a few shots every now and then and don't intend on getting too deep into underwater photography so this seems to fit the bill. Anyone have it? Anyone know where to find one in stock? Thanks

kevjl2:
I have been trying to find some reviews on this camera. I am loking at a cheap digital for taking a few shots every now and then and don't intend on getting too deep into underwater photography so this seems to fit the bill. Anyone have it? Anyone know where to find one in stock? Thanks

Thanks for bring this up. $99 for a 3mp in a housing! I think I'll get one just to keep in the BCD! USB connection, SD 16mb card sounds ok to me, not sure what the min. focusing distance. I do have an ikelite Aquashot close up lens that I can use.

If nothing else, it would make a good "reconnaissance" camera to snap some shots of a new divesite.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...92001&ATT=Digital+Cameras&CMP=KNC-overturesmx

Dive Safe

$99? You can't go wrong. The best part is that you can later add a strobe or wide angle lens.

I've used their 95ft film camera as a backup. That one cost $20 plus $4 for a closeup lens. It was surprisingly good if you got close.

DesertEagle:
$99? You can't go wrong. The best part is that you can later add a strobe or wide angle lens.

I've used their 95ft film camera as a backup. That one cost $20 plus $4 for a closeup lens. It was surprisingly good if you got close.

one big problem...they are out of stock!

Dive Safe

I have that camera. Like you all, I said for $100 who cares if it doesn't work great. But if actually takes pretty desent pictures. Here is one I took of a buddy of mine in Panama City a few weeks ago. All the pics of the people turned out pretty good. I will be working with it so see how the different settings work when we go to Madison in a few weeks.

post-59-1120006981.jpg

I keep the pixtreme in my BC pocket with a string attached to a D ring. The rechargeble batteries barely last 1 to 1.5 dives. Alkaline last about the same amount of time.

You really should replace the batteries between your dives.... Kinda pain in the butt. If you use the flash, it will diminish the number of pics tremendously.

I like the idea of using it as a backup, or when you just want a few photos of people and scenes for your vacation pics...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom