PI's must do's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U/Wdiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello folks, Planning a trip for March and half of April 2010, what would you regard as "must do" as far as diving?

Cheers :thumbs_up:

Every dive area of the PIs have their great things to do. What areas are you going to be visiting? Help us help you!:coffee: We need more info as to what your plans are...

You can start in the south in Mindanao; Camiguin, General Santos City and Davao; towards the Visayas; Bohol (Balicasag and Cabilao islands), Cebu (Malapascua, Moalboal, Sumilon), Dumaguete (Apo Island and Siquijor) and Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte; side trip to Coron (wrecks) in Palawan and then there's Anilao, Puerto Galera and Subic in Luzon.

I may have missed some sites....

ps - do a search here on the sites mentioned above ( i hope the pics are still in the threads), see what'll it turn out.

Thanks!
I have no plan, everything is open, I would however want to dive Tubbataha towards the end of my stay.
Clgsamson-thanks for the "itinerary", how feasible is it in terms of getting from one place to the other?
How safe (or unsafe as travel advise states) is it to go to Mindanao?
Is Anilao quieter then PG, I was told by a friend PG was very loud and touristy.
In general, how safe is it for a woman travelling alone?
Sorry for all the awkward questions, I`m sure I`ll have more along the way...

Tubbataha? you'll need to get your reservations in soon. It's done by live aboard, and they fill up fast.
Sabang Beach in Puerto Galera is the nightlife beach. Little La Laguna beach is a short walk away, and is quieter.
My niece traveled for six weeks and had no trouble, a few 'marriage' proposals, but no problems. You'll have a great time.

like what samson said

try to get a dive safari as you can get in more dives and spend less for accomodations

like what samson said

:shocked2:

samson?
AddEmoticons12671.gif

How long are you coming for? There are just so many excellent options for diving here. Many people would say that the Philippines are the 'yardstick' for quality diving anywhere in the world.

We have here some of the best wreck, reef and marine life (pelagic and macro) diving locations in the world.

There are many ways to plan your trip...but you must first decide what experiences you want to enjoy....

Anilao, Batangas and Subic are all within an easy drive of Manila...and these make great spots for the start or end of your travels in PI. Anilao is best for macro marine life (shrimp, nudis, frogfish etc). Subic is a world-class wreck destination.

Further afield, you have Coron (more amazing wrecks). Tubbataha (UNESCO World Hertitage site for the reefs and marine life). Malapascua (Thresher Shark cleaning stations... not many places in the world where you have a good chance to see these). Cebu, Bohol and further south in Mindanao for more amazing wall dives, pelagics etc.

Another option (depending on the time of your trip) is to schedule a visit to Donsol - where you can snorkel with whale sharks (an experience on a par with the famous Ningaloo Reef in Australia).

Out of the water 'must-do' activities are the UNESCO sites at Banaue in North Luzon (2000 year old rice terrace structures...amazing photo opportunities here!) and the Underground River in Palawan. Also, the Chocolate Hills/Tiny Monkeys in Bohol. If you like history, then there is a wealth of Spanish-American and WWII sites to visit (including the many wrecks!).

Tubbataha? you'll need to get your reservations in soon. It's done by live aboard, and they fill up fast.
Sabang Beach in Puerto Galera is the nightlife beach. Little La Laguna beach is a short walk away, and is quieter.
My niece traveled for six weeks and had no trouble, a few 'marriage' proposals, but no problems. You'll have a great time.

I`m working on Tubbataha reservations, and you are right, they are filling up quick-the dates I initially wanted are already fully booked, I hope I can get on the next trip.

A few marriage proposals...sounds interesting, I already have a Filipino stepfather, I could consider having a Filipino stephusband as well...
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom