Piranha RUBBER UltraFlex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting... but it seems that they don't offer them in 210cm / 7ft length.. meh.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could order them in that length of you sent them an email

Yeah, possibly... but i'm to lazy for that, so they just missed a business opportunity. :)
(I have more than enough other Hoses.. (like most of you i guess) but it sounded interesting, so i was like hmm yeah, why not, i'll invest a few bucks to check these out.)

Having have used these UltraFlex hoses for a couple of months now I can say that they do live up to my expectations of being more flexible than standard rubber hoses (similar to miflex hoses) but with less memory than either miflex or standard hoses which is what I like best about them. Hopefully they prove as durable as standard rubber hoses long-term.

Good job Piranha!

What are the issues with the Miflex hoses?
The issue I personally experienced with a miflex was specific to cave diving. Using a miflex "long" hose, it is very easy to kink the hose and cut off air flow during air sharing. If you've got a miflex, you can duplicate the problem easily on land. Just pull the hose away from the first stage at an angle where it will kink.

I kept my "short" miflex hoses, including high pressure hoses to which gauges are attached.

There has been problems with the flex hoses like myflex that pieces of the inner liner flake off and accumulate at the 2nd stage, eventually resulting in a total failure underwater.

There was also the problem of the flex HP hoses exploding, though that was a few years ago.

There has been problems with the flex hoses like myflex that pieces of the inner liner flake off and accumulate at the 2nd stage, eventually resulting in a total failure underwater.
I thought the Piranha hoses are rubber. Are they susceptible to the same problems as the Miflex hoses?

I thought the Piranha hoses are rubber. Are they susceptible to the same problems as the Miflex hoses?
Shouldn't be susceptible, but that issue is one reason some people don't like the Miflex-syle hoses. And I'm not sure that actual Miflex hoses had issues, it was mostly the knock-offs that people reported issues with.

The Piranha hoses are rubber hoses with a much higher burst pressure than other rubber hoses and have nothing at all to do with Miflex hoses, which are not rubber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom