Pinnacle Wesuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonX5

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My DM is really pushing pinnacle and their new suit. It's a 3mm new elastopreme which is a copy off of henderson's hyperstretch. Has anyone ever heard of pinnacle good or bad?

A search on the board here for Pinnacle brought back some good comments. Not a lot of people commenting on them, but there are some.

I was having a terrible time finding a suit to fit me. If I found one that fit my girth and broad shoulders, it was too long. Then I stopped by an LDS here that has Pinnacle. Pinnacle's XXLS size fits me like a glove. So I bought their Elite. The shop uses them for their rentals and they say they're holding up so well, they're dropping the other brands they've been carrying.

Since I just bought the suit, I don't have any personal experience to pass along yet. Search this forum for Pinnacle and you'll see some comments.

Hey Rico,
Pinnacle may not be well know but they make one heck of a product. I dive with their polar semi-dry 7mm suit, and it is by far the best I have begged, borrowed, stole or owned. They remind me alot of Atomic regulators - take a good idea, and make it way better. My LDS says that Pinnacle has a "dive it, like it, money back guarantee" That is how he got me to buy my Polar.

FWIW-my experience with Henderson over the past 5 years has not been positive. I think the product is all marketing - no quality control. If you search Henderson complaints on this forum and google it, you will find alot of unhappy customers.

I have tried almost every wet suit out there as well as all the gimmics. I was sceptical of the pinnacle but after trying it I was impressed. Do yourself a favor and get one of the marino lined ones if you go with them. You won't go wrong, great fit, very comfortable and cozy warm. I own 3 of them. The only thing I found is that I had to go up a size from what I typically wore.

Hope this helps!

I got a Pinnacle Extreme 8/6 for Christmas and today was my first chance to dive with it.:D Air temperature was 33 F and the water temperature was 42 F. The suit was GREAT! The dive lasted 40 minutes and never once did I feel even a chill.

The suit went on very easy until it was time to pull the zipper closed. Now the Extreme has a dry suit zipper on the front that runs from the right arm, just above the elbow to the left arm, just above the elbow. There was NO-WAY I could get the zipper closed by myself. :sad_2: My buddy needed to hold the top and bottom together while with my arm extended I started the zipper. (When I got the suit, a present from my wife, I tried it on and had this problem. I called Pinnacle US because I thought the suit was too small. The person I spoke to said this was normal. He said few people could get them zippered by themselves. Based on everything I told him, height, weight, inseam, chest size, it was sized correctly).

Other than this one complaint, I love the suit. Prior to this I would use a 7MM Farmer John. With a 7MM FJ, I use 26#'s of weight in fresh water. I started with the same weight with the Extreme, WAY TOO MUCH WEIGHT! YEA, not only does the suit keep me toasty, but I get to shed some lead too!

It was only 1 dive, but if you can put up with the zipper to start, I'd highly recommend the suit.

The most important question here is -- how well does it fit you?

Different wetsuits are cut to fit different proportions. While a Henderson will fit some people like a glove -- and Xcel will fit others perfectly --- BodyGlove maybe your match.

They may be a great suit for some people -- personally they don't fit me well and don't work for me.

TekDiveGirl:
The most important question here is -- how well does it fit you?

Different wetsuits are cut to fit different proportions. While a Henderson will fit some people like a glove -- and Xcel will fit others perfectly --- BodyGlove maybe your match.

They may be a great suit for some people -- personally they don't fit me well and don't work for me.

TekDiveGirl, you are absolutely correct and this goes for all suits, wet or dry. Fit is everything. The Extreme fits me great once I have it zipped.

We have pinnacle suits at my LDS, if I wasn't a custom size and already have a custom made wet suit and dry suit... I would seriously look at a pinnacle. The stress disks at each seam, rear crotch seam fully taped along with the cape seams being taped. I also like the little chimney thingy inside the ankles that go inside your booties to really help reduce water leakage at your ankles. Try one on and go diving, I bet youll like it, if not take it back and get a refund.
1fastcat: what shop you buy your suit from?

joe rock:
TekDiveGirl, you are absolutely correct and this goes for all suits, wet or dry. Fit is everything. The Extreme fits me great once I have it zipped.

You have a lot more leeway with a drysuit not fitting. If your DS is a bit too big you can still dive it and stay warm (as long as your seals fit of course) -- if the wetsuit doesn't fit right though -- it just doesn't work out. :(

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom