Pinnacle Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoof31

New
Reaction score
I tried on the Pinnacle 3mm Seal the other day and it fit great other than the arms which were tight. I am thinking of trying the Elastriprene for more comfort and I am curious if there is significant heat loss compared with the Seal and if the Merino Elastiprene is worth the price? Also, is the Elastiprene much easier to don/doff? Thanks.

I have two merino suits from Pinnacle - Polar and Fusion. They say the layer keeps you warmer etc. I wouldn't think it increases a "significant" amount of warmth (I think most of it really comes down to neoprene thickness), but certainly makes don/doff way easier. That alone is worth the price for me :wink:

I can't compare as I only have the Seal, but it can be really warm, I have worn it from 81F down to 64F and been comfortable. If it doesn't fit, well, maybe trying the ME3 might be a try. I don't know anything about prive though. If you already have the Seal, I'd say give it a couple of dives, maybe it will break in a little.

hoof31,

I have a Seal and had the same concerns, but give it a few dives. After the fifth dive it was fitting perfectly. I also have the Fusion and it was the same.

It must be those 20" Pythons that we have. LOL :sprite10: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Question: ANy of you guys with the Pinnacle suits have discomfort in the neck area?? I tried one on today and found that the velcro that buckles behind the neck area hinders me from tilting my head back and was annoying? Any of you guys experience this as well?

Thanks

Question: ANy of you guys with the Pinnacle suits have discomfort in the neck area?? I tried one on today and found that the velcro that buckles behind the neck area hinders me from tilting my head back and was annoying? Any of you guys experience this as well?

When my suit was new, I had a little trouble tilting my head back but that seemed to go away after the first 15-20 dives. I don't have any problems with it now after 2 years.

Ralph

I just bought a 3mm Pinnacle Elastiprene. I had initially wanted the Seal for less compressibility or a Bare Velocity for price and supposed fit. Well, neither fit me well at all, and both were quite difficult to put on. The Elastiprene was much easier to don and fit me better, probably because of the extra stretch.

As for Pinnacle vs. Bare, to my eye the Pinnacle is better constructed. Whether that makes any difference in how it dives or how long it'll last I have no idea.

I looked at the Merino Elastiprene as well, but could get the regular Elastiprene at a very attractive price, and just couldn't justify the $200 or so price difference.

The Pinnacle neck closure bother me as well. But it's for warm water only, and if I leave the velcro closure open, it's ok. I guess it may get better with time.

Henrik

I've had a Polar for ~50 dives now and it is quite nice. I have often wondered, myself, how much the merino actually makes it warmer. I had been diving a 7mm jacket/john, and the Polar is MUCH better at not leaking water/staying toasty. Pinnacle's website claims the merino wool traps the water better than conventional materials... who knows, who cares, its an awesome suit.

But I just upgraded to an Evo II, mwuhaha! (haven't gotten to try it out yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom