Pinnacle Polar Semi Dry 7/5 hard to get into and out of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eth727

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone out there have a Pinnacle Polar Semi Dry 7/5 wetsuit. I have a large and had a hell of a time trying zip it up and remove the top. I'm 6'/195lbs. I checked the pinnacle size chart and I'm in the limits for size L. Any recommendations on getting this thing on and off easier?

Get someone to help with the zipper while you hold it together.

Wetsuit lube use for open cell neoprene. In a small spray, mix 1 part ecofriendly nonirritating conditioner to 4 parts water. Spray arms and legs, anywhere else it is hard to get on.

Size charts are guidelines. Did you try the next size up?

I have 4 different manufacturer wetsuits XXXL, XXXXL, and XXL.

My very first wetsuit was a similar style from a different brand. I quickly regretted the purchase, as I was unable to remove the upper portion without assistance, which I hated, and had a very difficult time zipping it up. I even tried a larger size at the time, but experienced the same issues. All sounds very similar to your experience with your suit. Ultimately I decided that getting a different style suit was what was needed. I currently use a Merino-Elastiprene with hood, and couldn't be happier.

Can't tell you what's best for you, but I can definitely say this: If the suit is uncomfortable, and you can't find a way to make it work for you, get rid of it and get something that fits and feels right.

Yeah thanks for all the tips. I bought some suit juice so we'll see if it works. I bought the suit used so I can't get a larger size. I really almost suffocated trying to get the top part off.

That's where a buddy comes in handy or someone walking by that is interested in what you are doing. People are always interested in my fish or abalone. And are normally very helpful!

It sounds like me with my Farmer John integrated hood freedive wetsuit.:D It has a beaver tail and no zipper on the top. I hold my breath, bend over and attempt to pull the beaver tail over my head.

This seems to be the new suit lube on the market. SuitSlip
http://speargearshop.com/accessories.html

I smelled hair conditioner at Walmart until I found one that was not too offensive. Then did the 1 to 4 dilution in a small spray bottle. I keep the spray bottle in a ziplock bag in my dive gear box.

Back
Top Bottom