Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene vs Henderson Gold Core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snoballz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I narrowed my choices to either a 3mm Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene or Henderson Gold Core wetsuit. This will be my first wetsuit and dives will most likely be confined to warmer climates such as the various islands in the Caribbean and Hawaii.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on either products especially feedback from those that have experience with both.

I'm also debating whether to get a full jumpsuit or the shorty. Looks like if I decide to get the shorty, my choice from the two is limited to the Henderson Gold Core.

TIA.
:14:

I narrowed my choices to either a 3mm Pinnacle Merino-Elastoprene or Henderson Gold Core wet suit. This will be my first wet suit and dives will most likely be confined to warmer climates such as the various islands in the Caribbean and Hawaii.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on either products especially feedback from those that have experience with both.

I'm also debating whether to get a full jumpsuit or the shorty. Looks like if I decide to get the shorty, my choice from the two is limited to the Henderson Gold Core.

TIA.
:14:

I can't comment on either suit since I don't own either one but I would definitely go with the full suit. You can always make yourself cooler but you can't make yourself warmer if the shorty is not warm enough.

If the full 3 mm is a little too warm you can always open up the zipper to let some water in.

The full suit protects you entire body. The shorty does not. Buying the full suit would also save you from having to buy and pack 2 suits.

My daughter rented a 7 mm Pinnacle Elastoprene and thought it was comfortable and relatively easy to get on (considering it was a 7mm suit - we live in New England). My daughter is 14 and patience it not one of her virtues when putting on a wet suit. :)

We would buy her a suit but she has this habit of growing which kind of negates the value in purchasing a wet suit. At least regulators are pretty universal and
most BCs are adjustable (within reason).

I have both a pinnacle 3mm elastoprene and a 7 mm, wife has the 5mm. These are the best wet suits that I've owned and I am very pleased.

Just ordered a Pinnacle Elastiprene Merino suit that's an 8/6. So easy to get on and off. I can't imagine how easily a 3mm would be. I love my Pinnacle suit. Going to order one for my wife when she's ready to go get measured. She want' to give it a month or so after having our daughter to let things return to a more prepregnancy form before getting fitted. The Pinnacle will definitely keep you warm and is very soft.

I've been diving a Pinnacle 7mm Merino-Elastiprene for about a year now. Love it. Best suit I've ever used.

I have dove only in California Monterey and notice that a lot of wet divers are in Pinnalces... I dive the 7mm Merino and would highly recommend it...

I don't own the Henderson Gold Core but I do own two Pinnacles Merino Elastiprene 3mm wetsuits.

I have a Henderson stretch wetsuit but it's not the same as the Gold Core.

After I purchased my first Pinnacles wetsuit I was convinced it was probably the best on the market for what I needed. I wanted a comfort and fit for my body type but added warmth for tropical climates when the water is cooler (winter seasons)

For my weight class wetsuits usually are constructed for taller men. The Pinnacles has a 2XL short that is absolutely perfect for my frame.

Other wetsuits have too much length, and can bunch up either in the upper body or the legs.

The Pinnacles tested out so well that when I returned from that dive trip I purchased another one.

After multiple dives it can become a bit tiresome donning the suit in comparison with the Henderson.

However it delivers in the departments I feel my Henderson lacks the most. With the Henderson I can feel the compression of the wetsuit and believe me I get cold.

In the same waters with the Pinnacles I don't feel a thing. My advice is get the Pinnacles wetsuit. One other thing, if you're diving in warmer waters.....you might want to take another wetsuit if the water is above 82 degree.

This is where my Henderson works really well...it's a full suit but I'm not overly warm in it. I also have a 0.5mm Scubapro that protects me from sea lice and other critters that can wreck havoc with my skin.

I purchased a 7mm Henderson Farmer John's and now I can kick myself because now I'd like to get the Merino Elastiprene 7mm for diving California.

I hope that helps.....

I asked a similar question about the Henderson Gold vs. the Pinnacle and got like answers. A search of this section will reveal your answers......

Back
Top Bottom