Pinnacle Evolution 2 - Miflex Inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gloveboxtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have a Pinnacle drysuit and switched the inflator hose to a miflex hose? If so where you able to use a BC LP inflator hose with the standard quick disconnect or did you have to use a LP regulator hose with adaptor? Also, what length hose are you using? Thank you.

The Pinnacle Evolution 2 comes with the Si-tech inflater valve. The valve has a standard quick disconnect fitting that allows the use of a regular LP inflater hose.

One thing to consider is that the diver should be able to disconnect the drysuit inflater hose while wearing thick wetsuit gloves or drysuit gloves. This needs to be done in case of a sticky inflater valve to avoid an uncontrolled ascent. Some divers use a simple hose hat installed on the end of regular BCD inflater hose. I prefer a collar with a beefy built-in metal flange on it. Drysuit hoses with molded plastic "wings" (Dive Rite) or an easy-to-grip raised surface (Si-tech) work well, too. I don't know how easy it is to disconnect the Miflex LP inflater hoses with gloves.

With regard to length of the drysuit hose, on my single tank setup, I am comfortable using a hose that's 28-32 inches long. Divers diving doubles or sidemount might prefer different hose lengths.

If you don't like the hose that comes with your Pinnacle drysuit, I can highly recommend this one from XS Scuba. For $29-$31, it's an excellent choice. The collar is very easy to operate with thick gloves.

Last edited:
Yep, I just got a Miflex BC hose for my drysuit...I got the 29" one.

Skarn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom