Pinnacle evo 2 is in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got my Evo 2. It's built tough, seems like a great suit. I'm really happy with the build quality and flexibility.

Unfortunately I am afraid it may be a bit short for me. I am a perfect fit for Large Short in their size chart, but in reality the legs are a weee bit short. I have to pull the crotch down a few inches to give the legs enough slack to bend properly. (If the suspenders do their thing, they pull the suit up too high.)

I should actually measure the inseam, I suspect it is shorter than what the chart says it should be.

I did dive it though and in the water it seems OK, but I sure wish it fit a little better, without fiddling.

Congratulations. Mine arrived today at the shop, and I go to get it tomorrow. On mine, I am concerned that they ordered my boots one size too small. How does yours fit with the undergarments on - does that make it worse???

Undies didn't make the fit noticeably worse, though I am going to need another layer to hit the right warmth for my waters. It's 50F now and it will be 45F soon...

I am a little worried about your boots though. The suit has a rep for boots that run 1 size too small as it is. I ordered mine as 12 for my size 10.5 -11 feet, and the fit is about right, even on the loose side if anything. With bigger feet perhaps the error is less dramatic.

I was playing with the fit again tonight and I think it's probably fine. Maybe I just got used to my old suit that was TOO long over the last year. I have the full range of motion that I need in the Evo2, just not if I yank the suit up snug. I used 1/8" bungee to make suspender extensions of a couple of inches and that does the trick.

When it's positioned comfortably, the pocket flaps are at my fingertips as they should be, so maybe I should just trust the sizing chart and shaddap. :) It gets dive #2 on Wednesday.

I hope your boots fit. The suit is really nice and I think you'll love it. There are nice touches, like 3 tiedown loops in each pocket. And it's built like a tank... it feels like I could go to war in it. Good luck!

you guys are making me get impatient for mine to show up. I am hoping that it will be here in time to dive it this weekend.

I did my first dives in my evo 2 on the weekend. It is an awesome suit. Boot size you should always get one size bigger than your normal shoe size. I did that and my boots just fit me. Any smaller and I would be uncomfortable.

FWIW, my suit also feels a bit "short" in the legs, but in the water that was never an issue. I am a large tall too.

I think having it feel a bit short in the legs is better than having loose material flap around down there. Reduces chance of air in legs/feet too I'd imagine.

Oh yeah and the u/g does not affect boot fit.

Interesting... thanks for the post.

Enjoy the suit. I'm taking mine out again tomorrow after work, can't wait.

how many of you have expirience with the soft dry socks and over-boots as far as sizing go. I was told they are sized to fit your street shoe with undergarments etc. and still be the same size. I wear a size 13 shoe and ordered my overboot in 13, you guys are making me scared that I should have gotten 14. But I think that you guys are talking about the molded in boot.

I've got the soft socks and the evo 2 rock boots. My boots are size 13. my normal shoe size is 12. fits just right - pretty tight to get into. any smaller and I would be in pain.

If you ordered molded boots, you definitely need at least one size bigger to allow for insulated booties. I went to the shop today and tried mine on. The suit was AWESOME. However, even with just regular street boot socks on, my toes were cramped in the size 11 molded boots. Therefore, S/T was going to talk to Pinnacle today, and determine whether they were just going to send a new suit, or have this one sent back for a boot swap. Either way, I will not get to take it to Florida for ocean diving this weekend. Bummer.

I've got the soft socks and the evo 2 rock boots. My boots are size 13. my normal shoe size is 12. fits just right - pretty tight to get into. any smaller and I would be in pain.

I think I am going to make the call and get them up sized to the 14 rock boot then, the last thing I want it tight anything when diving in 37F water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom