Pinnacle Elastoprene, How Tough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_Zoner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking at a Pinnacle elastoprene 7mm wet suit. How tough is the outer skin of the suit? Will it with stand abrasions that come with wreck diving? I've seen the Henderson version of elastoprene and it seems like it would tear easily.

Any and all info is appreciated.

thanks

CB

Greetings from Indiana! I have about 60 dives on my Pinnacle Elastiprene I have been around some wrecks nothing really intense though. So far I love it, the only issue is I have had an opportunity to check out the Pinnacle Kodiak 8/6. I really never got to cold till the water temps. were in the mid. 40's then repetitive dives were uncomfortable. If planning longer deeper wreck dives personally I would check out the Kodiak. As far as durability Pinnacle products seem to be quite good. I have not done much wreck penetration as I said earlier so I have only rubbed and got hung up once so far. No snags or rips yet. I would recommend either suit for a good wet suit. But the best way to tell, try them on and see what you think. Let me know I like to hear other critiques also. Good luck on your search, CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

The Pinnacle high stretch suits sem to be little more durable than some of the other manufacturers but I don't know for sure. The care instructions for elastiprene are nothing like the ones for the Henderson hyperstretch suits though.

I'm looking at a Pinnacle elastoprene 7mm wet suit. How tough is the outer skin of the suit? Will it with stand abrasions that come with wreck diving? I've seen the Henderson version of elastoprene and it seems like it would tear easily.

Any and all info is appreciated.

thanks

CB

I just posted a thread about a tear on my Hendersen Hyperstretch Ti. Great suit for comfort, mobility, warmth and ease of donning/doffing but durability - no.

Seems to be a trade in this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom