Pinnacle Black Ice Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabooch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My local LDS just announced a 50% off sale on Pinnacle suits and I'm going in to look at a Black Ice.

Anyone have any feedback on these suits? Haven't dived compressed neoprene so not sure how different from tri-lam it will be.

What about durability and repairs? I have heard the neoprenes are more difficult and expensive to repair.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

booch

Scuttlebutt is that Pinnacle (which had a business relationship with Zeagle in the US for the past year or so) is terminating their relationship with Zeagle. Their US future (at least near term) is shaky. So stock up on the durable products while they are a bargain. If your product needs factory support, think twice before you buy.

All I can tell you is that many of the people I dive with use them and LOVE them. Most of them switched from other drysuits because they liked the Black Ice so much. Also, I wouldn't worry about the Zeagle/Pinnacles issue that much. If it is a warranty issue that may come in to play. But we have the best dry suit repair guy in the country right here in Florida (Gamble), so anything you need done to the suit can be done at a very reasonable cost very close to home.

If you can get a Black Ice for 50% off ... I would seriously consider it.

My local LDS just announced a 50% off sale on Pinnacle suits and I'm going in to look at a Black Ice.

Anyone have any feedback on these suits? Haven't dived compressed neoprene so not sure how different from tri-lam it will be.

What about durability and repairs? I have heard the neoprenes are more difficult and expensive to repair.

Thanks!

booch

I bought an expensive Innacle wetsuit a little over a year ago and the threads are all defective. The seams are very messed up after few dives because they used the wrong thread that frays really easily. i beleive that Zeagle acknowledge that there are defective suits out there. If they are dumping these suits, i wonder if these also are made with the ridiculously bad thread?

It is quite upsetting to me because i had always heard that Pinnacle is a good suit in the past.

Thanks!

booch

If you dont mind me asking what is half price? I might be interested as well.

If you are buying from the existing inventory at the LDS, great! If you are going to have to order it, be sure to read this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pinnacle/362192-where-my-drysuit.html

Have the suit in my possession :D and after a little trimming fits great now just need to get in the water.

Thanks for all the replies!

booch

I bought a trilam pinnacle suit.One of the best on the market and I know some other people with pinnacle drysuits and they love them.Th Black Ice from want I hear is a great suit.As with problems with the mess between Zeagle and pinnacle dont worry about it .There were a shipment of wetsuits that had some issues.Pinnacle is not out of business The US distributorship is the problem and who will do the repairs.The had great customer support but when Zeagle took over they close that the place in Cali.Good Luck I think you will be happy.

I recently purchased myself the Black Ice setup & I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta say next to my other dry suits this is the "Cadillac"!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a question for those you who TRUELY KNOW. I have an extra brand new pee valve just collecting dust and I want to know if anyone out there has had one installed in their Black Ice suit??????? Being a compressed neoprene suit I would rather not conduct an expensive experiment on my suit! I have them installed in my other suits and love them, I would like the same convience in my new love!!!!!! I would appreciate any educated knowledge on this if you can help me out!!!

Back
Top Bottom