Pinnacle Artic or Pinnacle Elite (7mm)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guppie

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The cost difference for me is $90. The suits are almost identical, except artic has Merino throught out the whole suit (Artic only in core), gusset seals, pre-bent arms and legs for mobility. Artic is almost considered semi-dry.

I will be using this suit for Michigan dives. For those that really know this suit, are the additional features of the Artic worth the $90. Or should I just spend that $90 towards a hooded vest, which I will need anways?

Thanks.

I currently am diving a Pinnacle elastiprene 7 mm with a 5/3 hooded vest both with merino wool. It is a great combo, I did not start getting cold till late this month. Actually last week end, my computer read 38º after 25-30 min of no movement it started to get chilly. I have been looking at the Pinnacle extreme and the Pinnacle evo 2 dry suit. I have got pretty positive reports on both suits. I even recieced a great price quote on the the exreme of $499.00. Don't know where you are exactly located if interested in any of my reasearch into this matter let me know! Whatever it takes keep diving, cold water is awesome the fish are crazy in this weather! Keep diveing, keep training, keep learning!

I dive with the arctic, gotta love the semi dryness. Depending on where youre diving id say thats your best bet. The only downside to the arctic is trying to tuck away that back flap neatly. When i started out with the suit I was constantly having to get my buddy to help me out. Also if youre diving in 60 degrees or below the semi dry will make a world of difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom