Pinnacle Aquatics Merino or Henderson H-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with the H2, but I can tell you that the Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene suits are incredibly comfortable and incredibly warm. I own both a 3mm and 7mm.

Both are quality suits. My advice try them both on see which one you like and fits the best. can not go wrong with either suit.

I own the ME 5mm. This suit is amazing. The suit is very comfortable and the 10mm spine pad prevents water from entering on the back. You don't get that cold chill of water going down your back. As far as warmth, I've been in mine for an hour at 58 deg and I was hot. There was not even the slightest chill even at the thermocline. Very warm and well worth the extra money. One word of advice. Try on a couple sizes before you buy. Since the merino wool is in it, it seems like it could run tight in general and around the neck if you buy your normal size.

Bought a 7mm H2. Very warm and the material around the neck and wrists is like a semi-dry suit seal. Very warm. Last week I was in a spring fed lake with 46 degree temp at 30 feet. My hands were very cold but I was still warm in my H2 with matching hood. Great suit for warmth and comfort. Stretches well

I have a 5mm Merino lined and when I compared it to my regular 7mm suit, I thought the 5mm Merino lined was almost as warm. I'd call it comparable to a 6mm suit in warmth.

That said, I'd agree to go for the suit that fits you best. If fit was equal, I'd buy the Merino lined suit.

Own a 3mm Pinnacle Elastoprene (not merino), which I love, and it is still going strong after a couple hundred dives. When I was looking for a 5mm suit, the H2 was a better fit and easier to put on. The H2 also had the advantage of being $100 less since Henderson was running a sale in August.

I wanted to try the Waterproof W2 suit, but my LDS didn't stocked them. To me, it just isn't right to have a shop order a suit so I can see how it fits.

As others have said, the one to get is the one that fits best. If you don't have an LDS that stocks them both, you might consider buying them online, and return the one the doesn't fit right. You may be out the cost of return shipping, but you'll have a suit that fits well, without having to wonder 'what if'.

Exactly why I love online shopping of wetsuits. No way am I going to drop a few hundred bucks on faith, and I am not just going to buy what my LDS happens to carry. Thank you Leisure Pro/Scubatoys/Scuba.com and all the others :cool2:

...To me, it just isn't right to have a shop order a suit so I can see how it fits.

My 5 mm Merino was the right size when they sent it to me, so I love it. :)

I know many Pinnacles that have been sent back because the size was wrong since Zeagle took over. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom