Piercings and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefly

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has evr had any trouble diving with a pierced nose :06: .....None of my current piercings have ever given me any trouble when I dive, but I wasn't sure if a nostril peircing would effect my ability to equalize. :05:

I have never had a problem with the toung or nipple peircings I have, and my ex girlfriend had a pierced nose and found that a ring was better than a stud.

I have a nose piercing (with stud) and it doesn't present a problem for equalizing. Some salons will advise you, of course, to stay out of the ocean for a while to avoid possible infection. I've heard estimates anywhere from 6 weeks to 10 days. I choose the latter and was fine. Initially you may want to equalize by sort of pressing your fingers up under the nostrils (it works the same, it's just a different method of "plugging" them to create the pressure). But once it heals you'll be good to go.

firefly you kinky chic you.....I thought you weren't getting THAT pierced....oh your nose...never mind.....

I would think a loop would be better....not only for the snot factor, but your buddy could just clip on his line.!!!!!

sorry couldn't resist...was great seeing you again......let me know if you're coming over for a drift dive anytime soon

starfish365:
I would think a loop would be better....not only for the snot factor, but your buddy could just clip on his line.!!!!!

For DIR, it has to be on the left if you are going to clip your lines to it!

cancun mark:

but what if you're a rightie???? oh that's right...lesser buddy to the left and slightly behind...got it....

WHO SAID THAT?

Please note that DIR piercings should be made from stainless steel not brass gold or other soft metal. The ring must have a quick release mechanism and be strong enough to take at least a 10Kg cylinder. DIR piercings can only be in approved body parts:- GI3 has a map as far as I understand..
There are rumours of an approved range of Halycon ornamental rings and studs to be launched, available this fall....

Chris

cancun mark:

Noooo...it has to be on the right. Remember, it's Doing It Right :wink:
...at least it better be, 'cause mine is on the right and I'm not about to change either my DIR status or my piercing.

Back
Top Bottom