Pictures of Marmora dam cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics Dave...I think next year we'll anchor a keg of beer out in the middle to keep it cold...last dive team in has to recover it. It will go well with the hot tub that will be set up.:D

Any post clean up things to do at the dam? I was with ABUCS on the Vickery/Keystorm/Kingshorn this weekend so couldn't join you. Actually heard of the dive fatality in real time while on the water which was sobering. ...

I have time on my hands this week if anyone is game to chase down any of those wagon wheels or other debris of note. Will a 50 Lb lift bag handle these wheels. Approx. heading and location would be nice....

scuba_junkie once bubbled...
Next dumb question..... Where's Belleville? I am fairly familiar with Soutwestern Ontario (Windsor, Tobermory... and East out towards Toronto), but that name does not ring a bell. Better to be properly informed right? :D

To get best results from MapQuest, enter postal code K0K 2M0.
Dam is located about 1km NNW of intersection of Hwy 7 and Mathew Street.

weight_for_me once bubbled...
Nice pics Dave...I think next year we'll anchor a keg of beer out in the middle to keep it cold...last dive team in has to recover it. It will go well with the hot tub that will be set up.:D

Sounds great as long as I don't have to wrestle CanuckDiver for the last draught of beer or last seat in hot tub. I'm trying to imagine me winning and just can't see it.

Dave

tinman once bubbled...

I have time on my hands this week if anyone is game to chase down any of those wagon wheels or other debris of note. Will a 50 Lb lift bag handle these wheels. Approx. heading and location would be nice....

I had 35lbs of lift and divebuddydale had 100 and we had a hard time hitting the surface. Granted my inflator hose blew and I ended up sucking the bottom all the way back to shore while everyone laughed. Did you know that our equipment is really heavy underwater when your bc is full of water. Holy smokes.

bottom_sucker once bubbled...

Sounds great as long as I don't have to wrestle CanuckDiver for the last draught of beer or last seat in hot tub. I'm trying to imagine me winning and just can't see it.

Dave

LOL, aww c'mon, this is my chance for payback!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom